• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale 1/3 Scale Extra 330L Build.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
The older I get, the more I like the moderate temps in the UK. Never too hot or cold. The wife and I may retire to the there some day.
Lived and worked there for a while defiantly did not like the weather, it is always raining and sun hours per year is dismal.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Just standing and looking at the plane and the canopy. You can see the glue joint around the canopy. Was thinking I can paint a ring around the canopy about 1/2 wide which will cover the glue. Just not sure what colour and if it will look ok.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
The older I get, the more I like the moderate temps in the UK. Never too hot or cold. The wife and I may retire to the there some day.

Lived and worked there for a while defiantly did not like the weather, it is always raining and sun hours per year is dismal.

The past year and now.... Weather has been no sun and soggy or bright and very windy (Much like England). The only decent weekend so far was last weekend. Was able to get some flights with the new iX12 with most of my planes. The Cub is still "work in progress" but I'm sure there will be plenty of hot and humid days to stay in the shop and work on it. First week in May has already brought temps in the high 80's and plenty humidity :(. Mobile is rated as one of the wettest cities like London. So Mike and Snoop's....Just retire down here like the rest of us. You will be glad you did :rolleyes:.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
The past year and now.... Weather has been no sun and soggy or bright and very windy (Much like England). The only decent weekend so far was last weekend. Was able to get some flights with the new iX12 with most of my planes. The Cub is still "work in progress" but I'm sure there will be plenty of hot and humid days to stay in the shop and work on it. First week in May has already brought temps in the high 80's and plenty humidity :(. Mobile is rated as one of the wettest cities like London. So Mike and Snoop's....Just retire down here like the rest of us. You will be glad you did :rolleyes:.
Isn’t Arizona a better place to live weather wise. Hot and dry.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Isn’t Arizona a better place to live weather wise. Hot and dry.

As a Child I lived in New Mexico (Roswell :alien:) where I got my first taste of control line and RC. Hot and dry like Arizona. Even the wind is hot and dry and can feel like a blast furnace.
I can thank Roswell for all my skin cancer today :concern:.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Well just picking away at it little at a time as the weather will just not change to spring, cold and raining. So I just decided to hinge the rudder and harden up the wood around the canopy bolts. All I do is about 3/4 of an inch around the bolt hole drill as many 1/128 diameter holes then fill the holes with CA. Tape the one side closed and with a syringe fill the holes with Ca.
68943282-D471-4405-A118-7E30E598E363.jpeg

Last edited:

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Well need some HELP or some advice, on a stabilizer when the elevator has a counterbalance the part of the counter balance that protrudes forward do you sand a full radios on it or sand it just enough to clear the fixed stabilizer.