• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale 1/3 Scale Extra 330L Build.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
I’ve often thought that would make a cleaner set up, but worried that the threads would slowly make the hole in the wheel bigger. Never had an issue with that?

It does eventually but when the wheel gets to much play It will be removed and some bushings will be installed. I have only had to do this twice and it is not a big job. The one time all I did was use some KS brass tubing and it worked great.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
It does eventually but when the wheel gets to much play It will be removed and some bushings will be installed. I have only had to do this twice and it is not a big job. The one time all I did was use some KS brass tubing and it worked great.
I have two running on K&S right now, excellent method, they actually roll even smoother!!

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Ok done the hinges on both wings so that is done. Other than the engine being fitted to the fuselage and the cowl fitted to the plane and engine the building is done. The only things that need to be done is two hard points added to the two elevators and some hard points added to the rudder for control horns and the connection for the rudder wheel. So it is very close to the end. Need to buy an engine to continue it would have happened if I were at JoeNall. But not this year.

A0517729-5FAC-463F-8B55-0ED9A42265D0.jpeg

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Yes it is raining again we have had over 3 inches of over the last week. Back to plane building. Went through my junk laying around. Found enough stuff to do the elevators. Made up two 8-32 threaded rods and 2 maple hardwood bushings to inserted into the elevators. All that needs to be done is drill some holes into the elevators glue in the bushings and then glue in the studs.

DCC947B3-B456-4AE3-B3F0-5D43D80BD06A.jpeg

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
The 2 elevators are done except for covering, the linkage looks nice and sturdy and should not need any attention for a long time.
Just have to work on the rudder now, just some hard points.
Still have not come up with a colour scheme, did find a 10 meter roll of orange Ultracote, that will have to be incorporated some how.

B752E51C-0518-4BD5-AD84-FD9E4B7B2799.jpeg

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Got the rudder attachment made did it the old faithful way 3 pieces of nyrod pressed in 3/4 of an inch and CA in place. Then three wood screws in to the nyrod so that is done. Have a little difficulty with rudder not sure if I am going to use one or two servos. They have to be in the back because the plane is not set up for pull pull cables. So need to install one or two servos in the back. Anyone have any suggestions, one is easier to set up but??
0FF49B10-CBE1-4192-9C25-974F6BCA2C04.jpeg

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Found some carbon plate and 2 horns. They will do the trick for the rudder just have make some rods that are long enough to go through the rudder and pick up both horns. Hope fully the carbon plates prevents the horns from digging into the balsa wood. I believe I am going to go with 2 rudder servos in the back. Hopefully I can compensate with the motor installation that I do not end up with a tail heavy plane, I just refuse to add dead weight to a plane.

9B184FCE-B92C-4E55-B512-733619AD3CF2.jpeg
F6532733-ECE8-467B-9FE6-9CAEBB7E44F8.jpeg