Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

1/4 scale P40 Warhawk

Discussion in 'Giant / Scale RC General Discussions' started by Blazing Wings, Jun 29, 2018.

1. While I am building kits for customers, I sometimes decide to add some upgrades to my planes. So, I decided to make new canopy in carbon fiber. The front section is finished, and I am doing the rear next week. Also adding new building and composite techniques to make a strong but light air frame. I am not afraid to try something new while building. You have to keep improving and there are just so many ways and materials you can choose from when you work with composites, and so many ways of using them. My composite airframes are a lot more than just a bare epoxy hull.

Attached Files:

AKNick, WMcNabb and pawnshopmike like this.
  2. P40 exhaust stacks. I added a base plate to be trimmed and fitted.

Attached Files:

pawnshopmike and WMcNabb like this.
  3. 1/4 scale carbon fiber composite canopy completed. I rough trimmed the part only.

Attached Files:

AKNick, WMcNabb and pawnshopmike like this.
  4. This is the new P40E Warhawk kit. I made a new carbon fiber canopy kit (see previous post) to replace the one on the fuselage. I am fabricating the horizontal stabs, and sometime next week will post a picture showing the complete kit.

Attached Files:

WMcNabb, AKNick, dhal22 and 1 other person like this.
  5. Follow me

Twitter: BAFB
    Instagram: bmbblazingwings

AKNick likes this.
  6. I had to see if my exhaust stacks look good on the plane. I think it does. It will all come together once painted and on its legs.

Note: The stacks will be attached from the inside of the fuse of course. This is just for show.

Attached Files:

7. Last piece of the puzzle. Completed the horizontal removable stabs. The kit is now complete. Meanwhile I am working on another P40 kit. Also will start fabricating the MIG3 kit.

Attached Files:

8. AKNick

AKNick 150cc

Alaska
    Follwing!

One heck of a P-40 you got there!

9. Thanks mate. I love it. Can't wait to get myself one built and painted

Jetpainter and AKNick like this.
  10. So here is a picture of the complete kit and what is included. The carbon fiber main spar is already glued into place. as well included are ailerons, elevator and rudder and wood to complete building those parts. Foam core wings and tips. Exhaust stacks, belly pan, cowl, removable horizontal stabilizer, wing tubes and stab tubes, carbon fiber composite flaps, carbon fiber canopy.

Kit price US$2850

Attached Files: