• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

103" Extra 330SC Building, Flying, and Questions

gyro

GSN Contributor
What!? I love all my planes! No selling any more!
(Except I'd trade my 89" Slick and cash for a 103")

Santi8

70cc twin V2
What!? I love all my planes! No selling any more!
(Except I'd trade my 89" Slick and cash for a 103")

Dwight's got wamsy's old 89" and he's not getting rid of his favorite! I already tried! Maybe he'll want 2!

Diggity

70cc twin V2
Haha, I don't need to planes that have been in the water. Although my 89 has been flown hard, it still flys amazing and is my favorite. But of course I haven't flown my 104 yet.

Brill

30cc
Hey everybody! Super glad to see people taking about the 103" & for finding the new forum!

Love my 103" & a Hacker A-100 flies it quite nice!

Brill

Jim/Joe, what are you running for rudder servo's? Is a single 157 enough? This rudder seems a bit smaller than the 104 rudder but I'm blowing that one back with a single 157 and plan to double it up on that bird.
On my previous 103 I had two 7955's on HV and it seemed ok but planning on 157's on this one anyway, just not sure of 1 or 2 :)

thx,,
t

djmoose

70cc twin V2
I'm planning on using a single 172 on my rudder. (pretty much the S-bus version of the 157, I believe)

I've heard this is ok, so I'm interested as well.

Jim/Joe, what are you running for rudder servo's? Is a single 157 enough? This rudder seems a bit smaller than the 104 rudder but I'm blowing that one back with a single 157 and plan to double it up on that bird.
On my previous 103 I had two 7955's on HV and it seemed ok but planning on 157's on this one anyway, just not sure of 1 or 2 :)

thx,,
t

Last edited by a moderator:

thx,,
t

Here are the different setups I have used on the 103 and 104 with no issues.

1 HS7950 (6.8 Volts and straight 2s)
1 Futaba 9157 (6.0 volts)
1 BLS157 ( Straight 2s)

I didn't notice any blow back on either airframe with the servos listed above. My favorite setup is the one BLS157.