• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

110" TIMBER Assembly Thread

Which Gas Engine will you use!?!?

• Total voters

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Watch some of the videos that HH has put out on the plane that shows and answer your questions. It is very capable plane and will more than any other high wing aircraft I have seen fly. But it is not a pure 3D machine if that is what you are looking for then this not for you.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Well getting there just have to let some glue dry and do some final touches and assemble and it will all be done except for the radio set.
Will take some more pictures these are bad latter.
12D035B1-E90A-43D6-BE78-72FECE9D2A54.jpeg
9DBCE5EA-5AC5-4713-A08F-FA0977AC1573.jpeg

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
It seems it gets heavy quick! Thinking about going gas since a dle55 setup with 24oz of gas will be about 1-2lbs lighter than a xpwr 40cc with a 12s 6000 setup.

17oz tank would be plenty.
Lots of variables with weight. Gear, tires, power system, and overall setup. It would be neat to find longer carbon gear to replace the stock aluminum and lighter wing struts if you use them.

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
How well does the timber fly 3d? Does it harrier well inverted? Do the slats make a difference?

Haven’t tried slats yet, seems like most people are leaving them off to see how it handles without them first.

With the larger tires it coupled to the gear in knife edge. The airframe is floaty, but keep in mind it is a high wing still.
I’ve heard it likes flying on its back.
It transitions into high alpha well with power and a little flaps. CG makes a big difference I’ve found... 5” should be the target CG.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Everything is done had to make four new wing extensions to reach the wing properly. Photo add to show it all done. Just have to wait for a 3 inch TT spinner and program the radio this will be done tomorrow. And then wait for the spinner and next year flying season.

Yes they are the latest type of grapheme batteries as you I am very interested to see how they perform. The one reason I bought them is that you can supposedly recharge them all day . Land charge and fly agin, time will tell.

77025BA6-9EBC-46B3-A084-B88C4A0F3764.jpeg

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Haven’t tried slats yet, seems like most people are leaving them off to see how it handles without them first.

With the larger tires it coupled to the gear in knife edge. The airframe is floaty, but keep in mind it is a high wing still.
I’ve heard it likes flying on its back.
It transitions into high alpha well with power and a little flaps. CG makes a big difference I’ve found... 5” should be the target CG.
Nick your 5 inch CG is empty tank so on a full tank it could down to 4 inch CG and it works it way back to 5 inches as the tank is emptied. As I am starting right now at about 5 1/8 but will never change. Be interesting to fly the plane just hopping the snow melts and get nice day.

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
Nick your 5 inch CG is empty tank so on a full tank it could down to 4 inch CG and it works it way back to 5 inches as the tank is emptied. As I am starting right now at about 5 1/8 but will never change. Be interesting to fly the plane just hopping the snow melts and get nice day.

You are correct sir. Empty. It would add less than 1lb of fuel.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Well it is build and everything works and the motor runs. It is kind of scary the electric motor, I was having difficulty trying to check it but will do that some other time I think I got 9000 RPM or there about with a 20*10 not to shabby.
All the batteries set to storage charge and waiting for the postman for a spinner.

91F86085-87F3-4F51-B9FC-E976D0D204A6.jpeg

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
Well it is build and everything works and the motor runs. It is kind of scary the electric motor, I was having difficulty trying to check it but will do that some other time I think I got 9000 RPM or there about with a 20*10 not to shabby.
All the batteries set to storage charge and waiting for the postman for a spinner.

View attachment 112204

Are you really going to wait until spring!??!!!:cryin: I hope you can find at least a decent day to get this puppy up in the air. :too-cool: