• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale 112” - Taylorcraft by HeyLuc & Snoopy.

BalsaDust

Ok BalsaDust have you done anything or are just looking at the drawings. Just totalled my 42cc Decathlon and maybe this plane could be a replacement. We need to talk. ?
I hope to get back to the build of it here soon. Been working on other porjects and mainly renovating the shop. Now that I have a nice work bench almost complete I'm ready to start building again. That was really my apprehension and what kind of stopped that build before was I didnt really have a good place to build the wings.

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
@AKNick ok Nick need some guidance the mount or bracket you (3D printing) made to hold a J&J tail wheel in place you have 2 files , wide and a narrow which one do I use for standard J&J tail wheel.
Either one. The narrow was made so the screws didn't go into the empennage tail gear supports on the 120" TurboBushmaster. The Narrow version uses only five screws (instead of six) and the holes are canted inwards towards the centerline (so the screws go in at a bit of an angle).

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
380834EF-57B3-47CC-A762-D2A316AC47F7.jpeg

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Just a short up dat to all the weather has made a turn for the cold and the wind has really picked up. We have both returned to building more seriously and things are starting to happen.
We have just finished making two cowls, and have turned out Great So we are making progress.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Well making progress slowly the cowl is made just needs to be cleaned up and then it will be ready for fitting to the fuselage. Really one benefit is when you make your own you can shape it just the way you want it and have nothing stick out everything fits inside.
922108A5-0D70-4C84-9A39-330B640F2511.jpeg

TonyHallo

150cc
How did you get from the photo on post #82 to the laid up cowl? The shape looks different? Epoxy or polyester resin used? Wondering about the blue tint.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
How did you get from the photo on post #82 to the laid up cowl? The shape looks different? Epoxy or polyester resin used? Wondering about the blue tint.
We made a bunch of changes to make sure we could get it out. We can add the intakes and add the spinner ring afterwards easily. It Is made up of 4 layers of 6oz cloth and it is done in epoxy. The colour on the outside Is PVA that will wash off with soap and water.