• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale 112” - Taylorcraft by HeyLuc & Snoopy.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Many years ago I purchased 3 4'x8'x1/8" sheets from a local lumber yard. This was back in the Hurley Extra days, still have 1/2 sheet left. It was nice quality as well.
We were both surprised on how good the wood is and I mean zero voids. Really happy. One thing to mention these sheets were 60 by 60 inches square strange that was a first for me.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Ok the purest at hart will not like it but as you know I am installing a DA120 two stroke into the plane, sorry. But to try to keep the noise down as much as possible I will be installing a set of these. I like DA and it is mostly built in the USA , I believe the canisters will take up a lot of space in the cabin and the fuel tank may be difficult to install but time will tel.

57B7884E-68F2-4752-AC0A-3DFB181BA0DF.jpeg

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
At least it's not cheap mufflers. My 3W-106 is very quiet with KS/MTW (?) canisters. My DA-170 and 120 are on RE3'S, I don't do mufflers.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
At least it's not cheap mufflers. My 3W-106 is very quiet with KS/MTW (?) canisters. My DA-170 and 120 are on RE3'S, I don't do mufflers.
You got one thing right they are not cheap, let’s put it another way for what you get they stupidly expensive

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
We are in the process of making the spars for the wings. Fond a nice plank of Sitka Spruce for the job. Not an easy wood to cut along the grain.
spent some time yesterday to see how things all fit together took a while but it goes together. Now I just have figured out how to glue it all together properly. I must restrain my self just playing around will start building in December some time.

IMG_0076.jpeg

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Installed or I should say put the canisters in the location that they will be installed. Final position will be determined when I get my hands on the motor. Need to make motor box for the extract location relative to the cowl.
Then will make the necessary brackets to support the canisters.

953A778E-1704-44FC-B67E-21525D03005F.jpeg