• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale 112" Republic Twin Seabee (scratch build)

Len

30cc
Progress has been made on the center section.
The process starts with making the 12 required ribs out of light ply. Since the motors are mounted to the center section we need to have more strength than balsa ribs here.

Our spar system will go thought the rib centers and then capped with 3/8 filler balsa.

Some photos:
IMG_3842.jpg
IMG_3843.jpg
IMG_3844.jpg
IMG_3845.jpg
IMG_3846.jpg
IMG_3872.jpg
IMG_3873.jpg

Furballll

New to GSN!
With all the great builders and water flying that happens in my are I took the liberty to post a report on your fantastic project on the MAAC Zone C Facebook page. Love your work so far and I look forward to seeing more about it. You and your plane have a standing invite to any of the great events we have, feel free some day to see our area. https://www.facebook.com/MAACZoneC

SleepyC

150cc
This is awesome!
Thanks for sharing the build!

Looking forward to seeing more!

Last edited:

Len

30cc
Another 3 hrs today has produced a center section that's starting to look like something. All the ribs are glues in and the dihedral set.
In order to get the wing tubes lined up, we mounted the outboard sections, checked the incidence, and cemented them in.
Here are the three sections put together for the first time.
The spaces on the outer edge of the center panel is where the motors mount

IMG_3888.jpg
IMG_3890.jpg
IMG_3893.jpg