Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale 20cc Edge 540 Profile “The Glitter”

Discussion in 'Giant / Scale Scratch and Kit Build Threads' started by BalsaDust, May 28, 2019.

1. AKNick

AKNick 150cc

Alaska
    WOW. Nice! I don't think he has enough separation from the tech aero and the receiver.... they are practically married ha ha!

2. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 640cc Uber Pimp

Canada
    Looks good looking forward to starting mine it won’t be long now. Question is there a reason all his leading edges on the tail are square.
    Have to agree with Nick on the receiver and TecAero that is probably going to give him some difficulties.

3. BalsaDust

BalsaDust Moderator

Some people just choose not to round over the edges. Being squared actually makes covering a bit easier.

Snoopy1 likes this.
  4. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 640cc Uber Pimp

Canada
    Have to wake this forum up, the building of the 20cc profile will have to begin soon. Still working on the Timber as soon as it is done the profile will begin.

5. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 640cc Uber Pimp

Canada
    Started looking for all the parts that I have gathering during the summer. But it is not going to well cannot find the two carbon tubes and the special muffler for the OS22. Found the drawings so at least that is a start. Going to have back through the subject to find out the diameter of the tubes required so I can measure the ones in a box to see if I put them in there.

6. TonyHallo

TonyHallo 70cc twin V2

What is special about the muffler you need?

Snoopy1 likes this.
  7. BalsaDust

BalsaDust Moderator

The motor is mounted on its side. Because of the fuse a pitts style wont fit in some cases and if you use a stock style muffler the exit tube is in line with the wing so it dumps all unburned oil on the wing. use a muffler like off of a twin or WWRC sells a profile style so the exit tube is pointed down towards the ground.

Snoopy1 likes this.
  8. TonyHallo

TonyHallo 70cc twin V2

I see the VV 20cc profile muffler is out of stock, understand now.

Snoopy1 likes this.
  9. Buy the WWRC Profile muffler that says for the DLE20 - it can be modified to fit the os22:
    http://www.wrongwayrc.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=75_61&product_id=140
    All I did was use the OS22 gasket as a template and took a Dremel to the exhaust port to taper/widen it to match the gasket. Bolts right up.
    Incredible performance with this and a falcon 17x6 carbon fiber prop. Out pulls my buddy's RCGS 26 and spools up faster than anything.