• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale 20cc Edge 540 Profile “The Glitter”

TonyHallo

150cc
I do like that style of Robart horns. You do need to be careful of the clevis since the joint doesn't inner lock like the joints on DuBro and Sullivan clevises. The joint is shown below, just butts together rather than inner lock, I'm sure for this application they will be fine just don't tighten the jam nut too tight.
For larger scale installations I take a KS 3/16" x .049" aluminum tube, tap it for 4-40, counter bore the clevis end to snug fit to accept the clevis, and assemble with 4-40 set screw and Loctite, all adjustments are made on the servo end. Makes for a nice looking control rod on scale planes.

IMG_2207.JPG
IMG_2206.JPG

Thanks Tony!!
I've looked at that and decided to wrap that joint tightly with copper wire and solder it. I also thought about drilling a section of tube to slide over the threaded end and loctite it in place. Hopefully it won't expand on me if I do that. Nice job on the large scale rods by the way!

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Working on the servo leads made the connections now all that need to be is to feed the two leads down the small cavity. Glad I bought the lead wire from Germany it’s great wire it has special covering that is very tuff and difficult to strip and a lot lighter and than standard wire.
7324A5AC-B4FA-4C1C-AFB9-83E31F4FB69F.jpeg