• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale 20cc Edge 540 Profile “The Glitter”

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
The bigger question is did he do the 3D American flag himself or did the man, the myth, the legend, Gator do it for him.
I intend to do the flag scheme at some point.
I did it myself and it turned out to be much easier than I thought it would be.
Gator does have a nice tutorial for those needing assistance or a "How To".

BalsaDust

Question to @BalsaDust the hinges for the plane what type did you use.

Would be what ever your personal preference would be. Just what I currently have in stock I would use flat pinned hinges but robart hinge pins would work as well as CA hinges but if going with ca hinges use radio south ones.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
All the sheeting on the wings is 1/16 am I correct and the main spar and spar doublers are made from balsa or hardwood.

BalsaDust

Yes all sheet is 1/16”. Spar is really up to the builder. If I build one it will be modified a bit as I would do medium to hard balsa and rib it down the middle. Lay the first piece in and tack it in place. Then lay a piece of carbon row down and tack it in place at both ends. Lay the other half of the balsa on top of it and wick in thin ca to bond it all together.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Just asking if it is ok to post a weight chart of a 20cc profile plane from a number of years ago. It’s on the heavy side just for discussion purposes.

BalsaDust

Heads up for anyone building. I will adjust it once I get CAD back to make the changes but the LE sub spar on the wings needs to be moved back 1/2-3/4. Talking with one of the other guys who has already started just said its not a lot of sheeting there and makes it harder to get it to match the curve of the wing. Won't add any noticeable weight and should make it a good bit stronger.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Great good timing was just about to go out and see if I can find someone to print the drawings. Thanks for the update.