• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale 25% Krier Kraft build, a tribute to grampa.

Bipeguy03

150cc
Hey guys, hope you all are having a good labor day weekend! I'm getting to spend some of mine working on the Krier :)

92.jpg

Doing a little visualizing. (also known as day dreaming lol)

93.jpg

Bulkheads and stringers!!!! Only had a couple of notches that turned out to not be in the correct place, and I already fixed the plans to show where they are supposed to be.

94.jpg

This thing is a TANK, but a light one. As of right now the fuse weighs only 6oz.

95.jpg

I'm starting to see grampa's Krier Kraft, I'M REALLY EXCITED!!!

96.jpg

I ran out of sticks for stringers, order has already been placed for more. While I'm waiting I'll probably start framing up the horizontal.

:)

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Hey guys, hope you all are having a good labor day weekend! I'm getting to spend some of mine working on the Krier :)

View attachment 87355

Doing a little visualizing. (also known as day dreaming lol)

View attachment 87356

Bulkheads and stringers!!!! Only had a couple of notches that turned out to not be in the correct place, and I already fixed the plans to show where they are supposed to be.

View attachment 87357

This thing is a TANK, but a light one. As of right now the fuse weighs only 6oz.

View attachment 87358

I'm starting to see grampa's Krier Kraft, I'M REALLY EXCITED!!!

View attachment 87359

I ran out of sticks for stringers, order has already been placed for more. While I'm waiting I'll probably start framing up the horizontal.

:)
Your making awesome progress!

Bipeguy03

150cc
The wood I ordered from Sig won't be here until next week sometime so I thought I'd get to work on the horizontal stab. I found a sheet of old leftover Styrofoam to use to make a lamination form for the tips. I stripped some 1/16" sheet into 1/2" wide strips and soaked them in water for about a half hour.

After they were good and rubbery, I put them in the form to dry over night, I'll get them glued together tomorrow and start framing up the stab.

100.jpg

Also I got a K&S wire bender the other day, man how did I ever live without this tool!!!! I played around with it for a few minutes today and formed a landing gear in about 5 minutes that looked better than things that use to take me hours to accomplish!

The landing gear an cabians on the Krier Kraft are somewhat complex music wire assemblies, and my new tool was definitely a must have.

97.jpg