Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3 blade props

Discussion in 'IMAC>>>Aircraft, Techniques, Equipment, etc.' started by orthobird, Aug 6, 2014.

1. orthobird

orthobird 150cc

I just received my new Mejzlik 28.5 x 12 S 3 blade prop. i am using a 29 x 12 N prop, on my DA 170 with MTW re3 pipes.

from looking at my new prop, (which i have yet to use), it does have blades that are wider from leading edge to trailing edge, compared to the 29 x 12 N. does anyone know if there is any major difference between the two. i am flying at 280 feet altitude, and i am getting about 6600 rpm on the ground. in the air, i am getting 7100 rpm when it unloads.

214=53-IMG_5848.jpg[​IMG]

2. MattyMatt

MattyMatt 70cc twin V2

I don't like the 29x12N... It has good RPM, but the plane feels like it is not moving through vertical snaps. The 28.5x12 pulls better.

I personally like the Delro 3 blades better than anything else out there.

3. Cam, if you want an IMAC guru for guidance, ^ that's your guy. If we could only get him to move to LA.

4. orthobird

orthobird 150cc

MattyMatt has also helped me with my Dalton Build. he is awesome!!!

5. jerry3672

jerry3672 New to GSN!

I'll second the Delro. I'm running a 28 x 12.5 three blade on my DA150. Pulls great and is very quiet. Perfect IMAC prop.

6. I tend to like a bit of a different feel then MattyMatt does and I kind of preferred the 29x12n over the 28.5x12 Mejzlik at least for my style of flying and airplane. I have also flown the 28x12.5 Delro and like that as well.

7. WoodisGood

WoodisGood 30cc

MattyMatt learned everything from me.

8. I could tell by the red and black checkers on everything :p

9. tl3

tl3 50cc

VT
    Easy on the MM lovin...MattyMatt already has trouble finding hat's that will fit his dome...;);)

Fwiw, however, I agree with respect to the 29 12N, makes a lot of rpm but not great pull. 28 12 works great on the 150, 28.5 12 likewise on the 170, and 29 12 on the 200. I can't comment on the Delro, but have heard good things.

10. McFueler

McFueler 30cc

Ty why are you running a 170 ? Last I saw ya you were running a 200 !