• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3 blade props

tl3

50cc
McFueler;1239 wrote: Ty why are you running a 170 ? Last I saw ya you were running a 200 !

I'm not running anything right now. Joey has my my trusty ole 126" / 200 setup.

tl3;1337 wrote: I'm not running anything right now. Joey has my my trusty ole 126" / 200 setup.
He thinks he's fooling everyone about not running... He wears Addidas & runs 4 miles a day!!

The Fox

tl3

50cc
Ha, the ole grey one has checked in :D

If you must know, it's Asics for me...but summer is bike time so the running shoes are parked.

steven_r

New to GSN!
I'm running something a little smaller and looking for a 3 blade. Flying a 35% with an EME 120 in it. Was using a Falcon 28X10 two blade but now that its broken in it rips it pretty easy even on the up lines. Thinking 3 blade might be the way to go. I'm on canisters not pipes. Any thoughts?

tl3

50cc
steven_r;7267 wrote: I'm running something a little smaller and looking for a 3 blade. Flying a 35% with an EME 120 in it. Was using a Falcon 28X10 two blade but now that its broken in it rips it pretty easy even on the up lines. Thinking 3 blade might be the way to go. I'm on canisters not pipes. Any thoughts?
A very general rule of thumb when going from 2 to 3 blade is down by 2 on diam and up by 2 in pitch. That being said, there are many many factors that go into whether or not a prop is right for your setup and flying style. Best bet is to start looking for buddies who have stuff you can try as testing props gets costly very quickly. As a base, I would start with a 26 12 3 blade. Good luck.

t

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
Steven...I really like the Biela 26x12 3blade on the DA120. Quiet and pulls well on cans. Just starts to rip on the same engine with pipes.

I also liked the 28x12 3blade on my piped DA150, but had delamination issues with two of them so went to the Mej 28.5x12.

steven_r;11858 wrote: Thanks for the input guys. Doing a little scrounging to see what I can find to test.

27 x 12 3 blade is also an option. do you know anyone who has this prop who would lend it to you so you can test it. those props are very expensive, and if they overload or under load your engine, it would suck if you get stuck with that size prop.