• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

30cc / 76" Extra 330

RedwingRC,

Thanks for posting the link for the DLE35 template; however, there must be a communication problem on my end. I have a DESERT AIRCRAFT 35cc for which I need a template. If you have a template for that, it would be great. If not, I'll attempt to make one so I can mount it to the Extra 330s

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
[MENTION=2435]Scooterpilot[/MENTION] it should be fairly straightforward to mark your drill spots with just the engine and the horizontal center line and vertical offset line on the firewall. Just measure the distance between the mounting holes or get the specs from DA and center those distances on the firewall lines. It should take less than 10 minutes.

A template will get you to the same points.

Good luck.

cardenflyer

70cc twin V2
Is the DA35 different than the DLE? I thought the DLE 111/120 lined up with DA100/120. And DLE55/61 lined up with DA50/60. I am not sure on the 35cc. Never owned one.

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
The DLE 35 is a different mounting pattern than the DLE 30. I am not sure about the DA. The PTE 36 bolt pattern is identical to the DLE 30. The DLE 35 seems to be its own animal.

addicted2rc

New to GSN!
motor box design

Hi guys at Redwing RC, I couldn't find an email to contact you. I'd be happy to draw a design for a motorbox extension for the E-conversion on your new extra.

I need to know a few things to get it done.
-Thickness of ply you want to use.
-dimensions of the desired new construction
-which brushless motor are you recommending?
-pics or existing drawings would be helpful

I have some time now to do it if we can communicate quickly.
my email is brigglewis@gmail.com

Regards,
Brigg

gyro

GSN Contributor
Hi guys at Redwing RC, I couldn't find an email to contact you. I'd be happy to draw a design for a motorbox extension for the E-conversion on your new extra.

I need to know a few things to get it done.
-Thickness of ply you want to use.
-dimensions of the desired new construction
-which brushless motor are you recommending?
-pics or existing drawings would be helpful

I have some time now to do it if we can communicate quickly.
my email is brigglewis@gmail.com

Regards,
Brigg

Brigg, Tim's email is: info@redwingrc.com

SnowDog

The DLE 35 is a different mounting pattern than the DLE 30. I am not sure about the DA. The PTE 36 bolt pattern is identical to the DLE 30. The DLE 35 seems to be its own animal.

Yes, I noticed that as well, the DLE35 is a little different than the DLE30...then I quickly discovered why! The jug is slightly larger on the 35 to get the extra 5 CCs, so two of the mounting lugs had to be moved out to accommodate the change. It is easy to see when you place the motors next to each other.

Today ( 03 June 2014) I had more time and I installed the elevator servos, tail wheel, rudder, wing servos, landing gear...here's some pics ......more progress

Attachments

• Rudder and elevator servos installed.jpg
    Rudder and elevator servos installed.jpg
    817.3 KB · Views: 250
  • stab deflection down.jpg
    stab deflection down.jpg
    613.8 KB · Views: 244
  • stab deflection up.jpg
    stab deflection up.jpg
    580 KB · Views: 234
  • Stab ready to mount2.jpg
    Stab ready to mount2.jpg