• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

32" MXS-C! Backyard insanity!

hone

150cc
Moving to 3s I see.
Kind of. It's so easy to switch back and forth between 2s and 3s that I'll still use both. 2s with the 9" prop will be great for low and slow at night with the lights on it or when I'm flying in a smaller area. 3s is stupid fun though :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Dr. Gonzo

70cc twin V2
The servos in the tail make this plane. I got to burn a few packs through a friends. AMAZING. Snap to hover 1ft of the deck. Loops to hover from 3-4ft. Torque rolls for days! This is my next plane for sure. so fun.

Just finished mine. I hope to maiden it tomorrow. Cut the battery bay in a L so that I can do 3s or 2s. Most of my twisted flying is in the tight confines of my front yard and 2s is more than enough power.

I think Cody taught that to me. We do a lot of foamies up here with indoor season.

Flew mine a few time this evening. First with 2s on a 9x4.7 which was very nice. Then I tried the 3s on 8x4DD. It is just plain silly power. I have flown this motor on a crack Pitts, but this is so much lighter. I will have fun with this little plane at the flying field where you can open it up.

I fly at home mainly for my shelties as they love to herd. They would not come inside after playing with this one. It took a few direct bites at the rudder. The blenderm hinge reinforcement really helps. I am a little worried about the CF tail skid. I might remove it as I am afraid my dogs will get hurt with it. Maybe I can put something on the end.

AKfreak

150cc
For a tail, I use a matchbox car wheel and bent a small piece of metal wire for the arm. Can you show a pic of the T battery slot? thanks

I will try to get one later when I am home. Basically I have a horizontal slot for 2s and a vertical slot for 3s so that I can use either battery.

All my outdoor twisted stuff has more bite marks, than any other damage. It hones my 3D skills while exhausting them. It only seems to work with herding dogs though.