• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

36% PAU Edge 540T

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
True on the slip...but haven't noticed any slip. I do have one setup with the pull-pull....I may have to give that Secraft setup a try. :way_to_go:
Here is a thread that I started where many gave great feedback. They are amazing. Before I used them I made a sharpie mark on the cable flush as I could to the brass crimp tube and that is how I started seeing that I was experiencing slip and not stretch.

Tseres

150cc
I've been using these on all my pull pull cables from SWB since I discovered them.

DSC_0135.JPG
DSC_0046.JPG

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
Do you still have to crimp those SWB tensioners? I have started using the Secraft ones that are anodized and they are secured through a loop and a set screw. You are right much better than the factory crimp tube.

tylerzx9r

100cc
Question for Herve? Do the new edge 540 cowls that are split fit the older airframe like the one I purchased last year?

Tseres

150cc
It is now Spring and it's time for the Spring Tune Up. The Edge is the first on the list. I changed out every fuel line except the vent from the tank. The Vent line was in good enough shape for another season. I also decided I don't like cleaning up Smoke oil from my plane so I removed the smoke system all the way so I don't get tempted on using it.
biggrin5.gif
Also tightened up the motor mount bolts. These always seem to need tightening every spring so don't forget to check yours when the time comes.

DSC_0063.JPG DSC_0064.JPG DSC_0065.JPG DSC_0066.JPG DSC_0067.JPG DSC_0068.JPG

Tseres

150cc
How come you dont run viton in the tank?

I get used to something and it works for me. Until something goes wrong I probably wont change. Using the Tygon. I'm forced into rebuilding the tank every year. This makes me inspect everything thoroughly. This gives me a peace of mind that I checked it and everything is in Top shape. I also had a clunk get stuck in the front of a tank and had a dead stick because of it using Viton.