• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

36% PAU Edge 540T

yakken

100cc
I get used to something and it works for me. Until something goes wrong I probably wont change. Using the Tygon. I'm forced into rebuilding the tank every year. This makes me inspect everything thoroughly. This gives me a peace of mind that I checked it and everything is in Top shape. I also had a clunk get stuck in the front of a tank and had a dead stick because of it using Viton.
I heard of viton getting stuck like that. I run my brass tubes in the tank about half way so that doesnt happen.

Tseres

150cc
I agree that Viton stands up the Gas better. I just think that if you're going to rebuild every year anyway, Then it don't really matter.

I have a tube in my big tank in the Dalton so I know what your talking about.

PatNjos

30cc
Anyone out there have the old 36% edge with the dle 120? I need a new engine, and was looking at the 111 vs 120, and the 120 looks like it may fit, without hacking up the cowl. Does anyone have an exact measurement from plug wire to plug wire on the 120?

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Anyone out there have the old 36% edge with the dle 120? I need a new engine, and was looking at the 111 vs 120, and the 120 looks like it may fit, without hacking up the cowl. Does anyone have an exact measurement from plug wire to plug wire on the 120?

I had the old style with a DA100 then switched to an EME120 with no issues. With the angled plugs you can get into a lot of spaces.

Phil.Griffin

70cc twin V2
Nice. Those guys are so far ahead of me in flying talent, it's both super cool and depressing at the same time... Love the inverted dead sticks Gaby does btw.. Thanks for posting.

jhelber08

70cc twin V2
20150513_090316.jpg
20150513_090347.jpg

Here's my newest addition to the fleet. After a little shipping Snafu or two I was finally able to get it put together and its almost ready to go. I attempted to run the engine before I left for offshore and that was a no go. Engine wants to die about half throttle and the IBEC light was flaking out and my elevator servos were jumping all over the place. I tried a Life battery I had laying around straight to the ignition which cured the elevator servos from jumping and the ibec light would stay lit(even though not being used) but engine still won't above half throttle. Didn't really get to mess with it any more after that but I'm leaning towards some ignition problems as I've had something very similar happen before. Anyhow, I have a spare ignition to try out when I get home. But I am excited to get this thing up in the air once I get the 120 up and singing again. Big thanks to Herve for getting the shipping issues straightened out while he was busy prepping for Nall so I could get my plane :)

jhelber08

70cc twin V2
Currently offshore right now. Can somebody do me a favor and post measurements of the wing (root, tip, leading edge)? I'm wanting to try out a set of wing bags from http://www.hobby-pak.com/ and want to be sure they'll fit as their medium bags are a few inches smaller than wing totes that I use on my other 2 35%ers. When I sold my airframe to make room for this one, wing bags went with it. Thanks!