Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D Printing General Discussion

Discussion in '3D Printing' started by AKNick, Mar 2, 2018.

1. Jetpainter

Jetpainter 640cc Uber Pimp

I just happened to see a banner ad here on GSN just now for Markforged. They build industrial 3D printers. They were advertising a printer that prints carbon fiber and Kevlar parts. Stronger than 6061 aluminum at 40% the weight. It never ceases to amaze me where this technology is going.

2. AKNick

AKNick 150cc

Alaska
    Right!?!? I just picked up a spool of flexible filament. The ideas of all the things I can do/make has just increased!

3. AKNick

AKNick 150cc

Alaska
    E03D11C0-ED22-4FBF-8C21-A6E3D4211068.jpeg 96C7C8B2-E6E2-4B87-B098-72F849C7FFF1.jpeg C446EEED-89DD-445D-900F-2039C53BE979.jpeg
    Been working on a receiver holder for a Futaba R7008SB.
    I’m starting to think the Velcro isn’t the way to go. I may do a screw on band with some padding on it. Just don’t like all the effort it takes to try and secure it down.

pawnshopmike and Jetpainter like this.
  4. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 640cc Uber Pimp

Canada
    Can you not extend the holder with hooks on either side that you have to spread a little to push the receiver in and then the two hooks snap onto the receiver.

5. AKNick

AKNick 150cc

Alaska
    If there is one thing I've learned with PLA is that it doesn't like to bend. Meaning it's fairly brittle. I understand what you are saying about slipping the receiver into a slot and a clip to keep it there. I'm not very good with my Slicer settings for overhangs (bridging). So it's a little bit beyond my knowledge point to try something like that.
    My designs are pretty snug already to the mm, and I dont think they will come out regardless... that extra piece of mind is nice. Creating a bar to screw into the mount would be easy though.
    Love how we can imagine something and make it reality. Fun stuff!

Snoopy1 likes this.