• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3DHS 103" Extra 330SC Re-Build Log

thurmma

150cc
Very nice Thurmma...............................:yesss: You mentioned some stuff called "Goo Gone" in one of your early posts in this thread. Where did you find it?

Thanks,
David
I picked it up from Home Depot. It will work, but takes a LONG time if you are doing any major areas. I found that Acetone worked really well on the Ultracote for me. Maybe I was lucky, so be sure to test in areas not visible in case it doesn't work as well for you.
Mark

thurmma

150cc
Well it finally happened! The Extra went on its first flight tonight. What an AWESOME maiden. 2 clicks of elevator and it was hands free flying even in 18 mph crosswind gusts! The plane was very responsive and tracked straight and true. I have a video that my daughter shot, not the best, that shows the take off and some flying around. I didn't know it, but she didn't get the landing because her arms were hurting :( She did however shoot some nice pictures on the second flight after I tweaked the high end a bit. It is still a tad rich, but as the new rings get broke in, I will keep adjusting the settings. It has been a long venture, but worth every single minute of it. I love the plane and didn't want to stop flying it tonight. I was doing touch and goes AFTER sunset with it until I didn't feel comfortable and more :)
MIII5357.jpg MIII5364.jpg MIII5365.jpg MIII5395.jpg MIII5430.jpg MIII5448.jpg MIII5528.jpg MIII5529.jpg MIII5537.jpg MIII5546.jpg MIII5553.jpg MIII5575.jpg MIII5581.jpg

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Well it finally happened! The Extra went on its first flight tonight. What an AWESOME maiden. 2 clicks of elevator and it was hands free flying even in 18 mph crosswind gusts! The plane was very responsive and tracked straight and true. I have a video that my daughter shot, not the best, that shows the take off and some flying around. I didn't know it, but she didn't get the landing because her arms were hurting :( She did however shoot some nice pictures on the second flight after I tweaked the high end a bit. It is still a tad rich, but as the new rings get broke in, I will keep adjusting the settings. It has been a long venture, but worth every single minute of it. I love the plane and didn't want to stop flying it tonight. I was doing touch and goes AFTER sunset with it until I didn't feel comfortable and more :)
View attachment 11782 View attachment 11783 View attachment 11784 View attachment 11785 View attachment 11786 View attachment 11787 View attachment 11788 View attachment 11789 View attachment 11790 View attachment 11791 View attachment 11792 View attachment 11793 View attachment 11794
Whoa...that thing looks amazing in the sky. Bet you are really happy huh Mark? Good on ya pal.... Good on ya!!!:way_to_go::way_to_go::way_to_go:

thurmma

150cc

Here is a link to the video. It is kind of random and the engine is REALLY rich, didn't sound that way on the ground, so we landed it after a bit and leaned out the top end, but my daughter decided that it wasn't in her best interest to run the video camera again.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!

Here is a link to the video. It is kind of random and the engine is REALLY rich, didn't sound that way on the ground, so we landed it after a bit and leaned out the top end, but my daughter decided that it wasn't in her best interest to run the video camera again.
She did a good job all the same. :way_to_go: