• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS 70" Velox

any reviews on the ZTW Gecko 125a esc's. I am very leery when it comes to esc after having CC esc catch fire in my helis. I cant even think how much damage would be if a fire would to happen in a balsa.

SnowDog

any reviews on the ZTW Gecko 125a esc's. I am very leery when it comes to esc after having CC esc catch fire in my helis. I cant even think how much damage would be if a fire would to happen in a balsa.

The ZTW line has none of the problems that have been published regarding the CC ESC. I use them in all of my airframes.

Fast3D

50cc
Hey guys. Has anyone tried a motrofly 4330-435 kv on 6s 5300 with Velox 68"? I guess the rudder servo has to go to the tail with this setup.

gyro

GSN Contributor
That sounds like a TON of power... she'd be a rocket! I'd venture to guess the airframe would wear down faster with that much power on the nose.

-G

ryan_m

100cc
Hey guys. Has anyone tried a motrofly 4330-435 kv on 6s 5300 with Velox 68"? I guess the rudder servo has to go to the tail with this setup.

I had the 4330-435 on the 71" Slick, and the 4325-425 on a 70" Velox. The Velox being lighter, smaller, more slippery in the air was faster than the Slick. And had just as much pullout from a hover. I really can't imagine needing more power than the 4325-425 personally...

Fast3D

50cc
Thats what I have on my slick 71 too. I dont think my slick is over powered though, its just right. I like to have the velox over powered and throw it around and see if it's more fun or not!

First of happy new years. Just had to ask before I go to bed. I got my 4325-425 wow what a sick looking motor. I know I read that the stock holes have to be filled with dowls and apoxy but it looks like the new holes need to be drilled will overlap the holes being filled in. Can anyone explaine how they installed the motor.