• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS 70" Velox

nsg

30cc
My 68" Velox is 8s - I use two 4s3300 mah batteries. Hyperion ZS4025-16 (looks to be on sale at AllERC at the moment), Xoar 17x8, Castle ICE-75, about 2 kwt peak. A good 8s setup won't weight more than a 6s.

nsg

30cc
It's slightly heavier, from what I hear. Still 2kwt should be enough.

I use 8s on all three of my 65-71" planes - that would be 3DHS Vyper, 68" Velox and 71" Slick - and love it.

nsg

30cc
About 8 minutes of aggressive flying on 8s3300mah on mine (measured after a test flight by 3DHS pilot and webmaster theKM a couple years ago). I'm not very aggressive, so my timer is set for 10 minutes, and I usually have about 30% left. 70" may be slightly less.

ryan_m

100cc
Highly recommend the 6s5000mah setup on this bird, it's tons of power and keeps the plane light and fun.
Motrofly 4325-425kv with an 18x10 or 19x8 is the way to go!
It'll also cost less vs a 8s setup depending on ESC choice.

Personally, I'm running the Motrofly on 6s5000 packs, and a Gecko 155a ESC (a little overkill, but it's very light and has a powerful internal 8a/16a BEC.
+1. I have the same setup as Gyro on mine. It is the *perfect* electric setup for a Velox. The Velox comes out lighter and is very fun with this motor. Very fast in the air, violent, pop top machine. 6s5300 glacier 30c packs from buddyrc are what I run, and they are great.

So you wouldn't recommend the dle30
The ones I've seen on a DLE-30 fly a bit heavy. The whole setup is noticeably heavier than a light 6s5000 setup. And it shows in the slow/low speed stuff. If you do more high energy stuff, then the DLE-30 would be fine. But for low and slow, the electric is better.

I have a pretty good gas setup on my RCGF 26cc. Having said that I would do it electric next time around. My current one is a little too gunked up from the gasser for my tastes. I am trending back towards electric anyways.