• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3dhs 92" edge 540 !!!

It is unfortunate that the DA-70 does not fit. I was at WRAM show when the Smiths went over to DA and did the measurements. You can always just expose the plug caps. You would get the smoothness and low end torque of the twins. There is a rumor that EF will have one hung on a 91" Extra at Nall.

Any idea how big the DA-70 is? Will it fit in my 91"? :)

something like 10.75" across. It fits in all 3 of the EF planes (88 edge, 91 extra, and 91 yak). The edge cowling is bigger than the extra actually. I don't think the 89 slick will work either without cutting out holes for the caps. If it does fit, it will be just barely.

For reference here's a 10.5" motor (dle 60) in the 89 a small cutout on the left side for the plug cap , it doesn't even stick out much The right side has plenty of room. image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Bigroger

70cc twin V2
Fantastic flying by Joe there Jim.

Just a question, is he running the rudder as pull-pull on the electric setup or push-pull?

He seems to have fantastic rudder response!