• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3dhs 92" edge 540 !!!

Yowzilla

50cc
Your mount must be about 32mm thick. Mine was 1.5" or 38mm.

6 mm did not sound to be a big difference to me when purchasing stuff but the gap between the spinner was huge and I would need to cut more of the cowl to clear the motor. So I am going to stay around 32mm.

Cmala

70cc twin V2
This looks like what I made for you Gary. Is this correct? If so, did that work for you?

Craig

I need some standoffs for my GP61 in my 92†Edge.

- 30mm total length.
- Diameter – 13.5mm
- Base (shoulder) – 15mm
- Smooth bore for 5mm bolt pass through.

gyro

GSN Contributor
This looks like what I made for you Gary. Is this correct? If so, did that work for you?

Craig

I need some standoffs for my GP61 in my 92” Edge.

- 30mm total length.
- Diameter – 13.5mm
- Base (shoulder) – 15mm
- Smooth bore for 5mm bolt pass through.

Yup, it is! I was close with my 30mm measurement, but the 32mm works a little better, so that is what I've recommended for others.

Yowzilla

50cc
Craig, I got an email out to you with my standoff dimensions. The extra length of the GP-61 vs. DA must be where the extra HP comes from. just joking ...

Well I did the cowl and worked hard on the throttle linkage. I need a threaded 4-40 rod and could not find one at hardware store. So I needed to make one from some square aluminum extrusion. I think it looks nice after some head scratching.

The tiny nut on the back of the throttle linkage was a pain and I had to get creative with some tape and a small open end wrench.

I cut the cowl as little as possible. I expect to cut some more later.

IMG_4121.jpgIMG_4124.jpgIMG_4127.jpgIMG_4129.jpgIMG_4130.jpgIMG_4132.jpgIMG_4133.jpgIMG_4134.jpgIMG_4136.jpgIMG_4137.jpgIMG_4138.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Diggity

70cc twin V2
I'm still debating on the 92. For those that have the 92 and 74, do they fly similar? I have the 74 and love it. If the 92 flys just like the 74, then my decision will be made.

gyro

GSN Contributor
I'm still debating on the 92. For those that have the 92 and 74, do they fly similar? I have the 74 and love it. If the 92 flys just like the 74, then my decision will be made.

Dwight, the 92 flies BETTER than the 74. Sorry... I know your wallet wanted to hear otherwise.

Fast3D

50cc
Hey guys, quick question:
what other options do we have for Edge 92, besides DA 60? is the DA-70 Twin an option?

SnowDog

Well I did the cowl and worked hard on the throttle linkage. I need a threaded 4-40 rod and could not find one at hardware store. So I needed to make one from some square aluminum extrusion. I think it looks nice after some head scratching.

Gino at TrimcraftAviationRC.com (one of our site sponsors) has all kinds of hardware related to R/C - even 2-56 and 4-40 threaded rod...and also socket head bolts (SAE and Metric) that will fit your mount much better...be sure to check out his website...prices much better than local hardware store prices.