• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3dhs 92" edge 540 !!!

vegasking

70cc twin V2
Got mine down to adding the wheels, wheel pants and a few minor tiding up details.

013.jpg 011.jpg 012.jpg 010.jpg 009.jpg

Yowzilla

50cc
Supper neat job...

I dig the carbon fiber sheeting on deck.

I see a lot of guys painting the motor box. This is my first gasser and no one at my fields does this. I there real justification or more visual. I am at the point where I need to make the call. I have the paint in hand..it is a high temp flat black grill paint.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Supper neat job...

I dig the carbon fiber sheeting on deck.

I see a lot of guys painting the motor box. This is my first gasser and no one at my fields does this. I there real justification or more visual. I am at the point where I need to make the call. I have the paint in hand..it is a high temp flat black grill paint.

It's mostly aesthetic, but the extra layer of paint could possibly help seal the wood in addition to the sealant already applied at the factory.

Diggity

70cc twin V2
I'm so tempted to press the order now button. But i love the red schema and it's out of stock. But the more u see the white racing scheme I'm liking it. For those that have the White, have you any orientation issues? With the top and bottom being similar.

gyro

GSN Contributor
I'm so tempted to press the order now button. But i love the red schema and it's out of stock. But the more u see the white racing scheme I'm liking it. For those that have the White, have you any orientation issues? With the top and bottom being similar.

Yes. The top needs plenty of red vinyl added... And the bottom needed an extra stripe on both wings as well. (Something like [MENTION=335]SupaTim[/MENTION] did, or similar to the vinyl I had applied)
Orientation was very difficult for me with clouds in the sky on the stock scheme, and still could have been better even with the added vinyl.

That is a major reason why my second edge purchase was the red scheme.

Diggity

70cc twin V2
Yes. The top needs plenty of red vinyl added... And the bottom needed an extra stripe on both wings as well. (Something like [MENTION=335]SupaTim[/MENTION] did, or similar to the vinyl I had applied)
Orientation was very difficult for me with clouds in the sky on the stock scheme, and still could have been better even with the added vinyl.

That is a major reason why my second edge purchase was the red scheme.

I agree! Supa Tim's vinyl is sick! I love it! If I pull the trigger on the white scheme, could you copy that scheme for me?

vegasking

70cc twin V2
I ask him were he had his Red Bull theme done, and got no reply. I just wanted a new place to be able to go to have some custom work done. I think he told someone it was a one off kinda thing. In my opinion I think he wants to keep it to himself and I don't blame him!

Diggity

70cc twin V2
If he gave me the dimensions and such, yes.

I ask him were he had his Red Bull theme done, and got no reply. I just wanted a new place to be able to go to have some custom work done. I think he told someone it was a one off kinda thing. In my opinion I think he wants to keep it to himself and I don't blame him!

Vegasking
I agree, Tim probably does want to keep it to himself and make it one of a kind. But might be impossible with all the company's and private people that are able to do vinyl. I think he hit a home run with the scheme and would like something similar. He probably knows it's not brain surgery especially if it's a matter of dimensions

gyro

GSN Contributor
Vegasking
I agree, Tim probably does want to keep it to himself and make it one of a kind. But might be impossible with all the company's and private people that are able to do vinyl. I think he hit a home run with the scheme and would like something similar. He probably knows it's not brain surgery especially if it's a matter of dimensions

Well put Dwight. I could honesty make it myself already based off measurements from my 92... But having the numbers from Tim would make it much easier and help keep the cost down from trial and error.