• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS and Extreme Flight Merger?

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Well here you have it! They have merged to create several brands see below. Extreme Flight will be the main umbrella company for a total of 7 brands.

Extreme Flight RC
3D Hobby Shop
Aces High - war birds
Legacy Aviation - general aviation and sport aircraft
Speed Freak - racing planes
Extreme Power - motor and speed controllers

Sorry, I don't mean to drive viewership away from 3DRCF and this thread...
I'm pretty stoked.
Looks like a lot of really good news! Sounds like instead of compromising EF and 3DHS lines, they're actually expanding to the extent that they're adding product lines!

Patto

70cc twin V2
You know, now that I have all the issues worked out with my 3dhs airplane, I really really like the way it flies. However, I just cannot see myself buying another airplane from them given how poor their customer service is. If I am going to pay top dollar for an airframe, I expect to get top dollar customer service. If I pay bottom dollar, I expect to get what I paid for. I am still hopeful that this merger will mean that they will clean up their customer service to be more in line with Extreme Flight.

sr175

30cc
I think its too early to tell. I think what they are doing would be the next progression for them. Generally you are right about bigger companies. But I say give them a chance before we all condemn them. People naturally hate change but maybe this will get better. EF will get better color schemes and maybe 3dhs will get customer support and maybe have stock of parts finally. The other issue that chris made light of early was that they both are friends and would sit together at nall much to the fanboys dismay on both sides. I am so tired of the fanboys on both sides. Bunch of talk with no real data. Of course I dislike fanboys in anything especially tech where I work. Give them a chance and we will see. The other companies will stills exist and we should give them some love too. At my field its like two people have EF and the others almost recognize that anything but 3dhs exists. I put both of mine together and even the fanboys dont know for sure difference so I like this. My mantra - shut up and fly! :D

skibum44

70cc twin V2
Mike, I know you have a sponsor base and try to sell their planes. EF customer service has been second to none and let's hope it carries over to the other brands, but please don't use this as a reason to bash a good company (EF).

sr175

30cc
This is the part that I think EF brings is the customer service but I doubt this is what Mike is doing here. It was a surprising response this quick but give folks but I would give benefit of the doubt. I think at first everything will get bad until they iron stuff out. Both companies have their own sets of issues and both need help IMO.

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Mike, I know you have a sponsor base and try to sell their planes. EF customer service has been second to none and let's hope it carries over to the other brands, but please don't use this as a reason to bash a good company (EF).

@bryansifsof44 I appreciate your view but I have been supporting them (see all of the articles I've written for free regarding their products) and all manufacturers regardless if they are a sponsor or not. My job is simply to serve the community first and then our sponsors. There is no doubt they have top notch products and I have enjoyed the ones I have purchased.

Thanks for sharing your view and trust me I appreciate it.

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
I think this could be really awesome or a total train wreck. both companies are really going to benefit a lot from sharing their resources. I think some really nice synergies could emerge from this and give an opportunity to have cash to spend on more employees for better customer service. I think 3dhs knows how to offer good service... they just chose not to implement it for the past few years. I'm open to see how things turn out. I think they have some really smart people that can figure things out. I'm excited to see how things pan out in the long run!