• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS --FLY LOW-- Always OFF TOPIC

Aaeolien

70cc twin V2
It is done. And the new 48 edge came home in once piece. First balsa maiden. Was a tad nervous. Haha. All went well and the plane flew great. Posted video of the 2nd flight and more about it on the 48 thread.

My 40 EPP edge came home in 2 pieces though. Was doing a low level pass when the motor just stopped. Had full control of the control services and was able to get it on the ground only breaking out the landing gear. Not the first time that has Happenned. Hahahah. After some playing around with it when I got home found the culprit to be a crappy solder joint on a motor connector. Looks like it was crappy to begin with. So resoldered everything. Motor works fine again and landing gear has been reglued again. Lol. I am going to from now on check and resolder any connectors that come on any motors I buy going forward.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Just read about Quadracer's mishap today, front end of his plane caught fire! Really sucks... :( :(

quadracer

100cc
3DHS --FLY LOW-- Always OFF TOPIC thread

Just read about Quadracer's mishap today, front end of his plane caught fire! Really sucks... :( :(

Yeah, it was quite a spectacular display. I'm just happy it was the beater Edge, not one of my Extras.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354403993.969307.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354404005.303624.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354404016.354064.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354404035.570398.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354404055.603500.jpg

quadracer

100cc

It was post-crash. The lipo slid up and impaled itself on the motor shaft after it went in nose first. It looked like someone set off an LZ flare. :)

quadracer

100cc

Esc went out after takeoff, about 30' up. I lost all control, everything blacked out and it went straight down after it died.