• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS --FLY LOW-- Always OFF TOPIC

gyro

GSN Contributor
Smashed the MB on my 57 Extra today. A little too cocky for not having flown it for more than a month... I put an EFlite Power 52 on it to replace the grossly oversized AXi 4130-16 that was on it. Much easier to hover, but I need some throttle curve for it to be dialed. It is REALLY punchy at about 3/8 throttle.

Sorry about the mishap. Not sure if you've done this repair before, but FlyingFranke (http://www.3drcforums.com/member.php?87-FlyingFrankie) is doing a repair on his 57" motorbox right now, and had his out at the Hucktoberfest. He has some experience with the MB repair on this plane as he's done it before... and he does it with debonder, and doesn't remove the covering at all. You might contact him for advice!

Good luck with the repair! Be sure to post a few pics and described how you did it in the build log section so we all can get learned: http://www.3drcforums.com/forumdisp...ild-Logs-Setup-Discussions-amp-General-Advice

-G

quadracer

100cc
3DHS --FLY LOW-- Always OFF TOPIC thread

Thanks GYRO. I'll have to skin it though, because the LG plate and that whole section need to be redone.

quadracer

100cc
Video (shortened to the highlights) from our bipe ride;

[video=youtube;I4c8ycpOHac]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4c8ycpOHac&list=UUkpmlMoRy1PGOftY7qSsh4g& index=1&feature=plcp[/video]

I have done motor box repairs on the 51 slickx2, 57sc, 71x 3. They only take a few hours and if you haven't ripped the covering its not needed to pull off to replace the motor box. I had the 71 slick which is the hardest of the bunch to replace done in 2.5 hours from start to finish. Its really that easy. The 51 slick l only broke 1 bulk head and the motor box. I had that done in like 1.5 hours. The sc i think took me 2.5 b/c l had to fix covering.

Video (shortened to the highlights) from our bipe ride;

It's a rush, ain't it? :thumbup: I love aerobatics. The world just looks so much cooler upside down and spinning around. I hope to move right on through to complex, high performance, and tailwheel so my options are open when I find a ride I can afford. My fiance wants a nice cross country plane, but I just don't think I can bring myself to it when you can get a nice aerobat for the same price. The upside is, they're so loud, I'll never hear her complaining in the front seat. :D

G.P.

70cc twin V2
It's a rush, ain't it? :thumbup: I love aerobatics. The world just looks so much cooler upside down and spinning around. I hope to move right on through to complex, high performance, and tailwheel so my options are open when I find a ride I can afford. My fiance wants a nice cross country plane, but I just don't think I can bring myself to it when you can get a nice aerobat for the same price. The upside is, they're so loud, I'll never hear her complaining in the front seat. :D
Go for the aerobat! :flyer:

It's cheaper, faster, and more reliable (weather) to fly with an airline if you're doing any serious distance anyways.

:thumbup: