• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS --FLY LOW-- Always OFF TOPIC

Dang Matt that sucks.
Wish l could be out flying but its to windy and rainy here to fly :(
Guys wish me luck the hurricane is heading straight at me :eek:

gyro

GSN Contributor
3DHS --FLY LOW-- Always OFF TOPIC thread

Dang Matt that sucks.
Wish l could be out flying but its to windy and rainy here to fly :(
Guys wish me luck the hurricane is heading straight at me :eek:

Damn, hope you and your fam survive ok an without damage! I thought it was supposed to go to jersey?

njswede

150cc
Damn, hope you and your fam survive ok an without damage! I thought it was supposed to go to jersey?

The tropical storm force winds extend some 400 miles from the center. This one is HUGE!

But yeah, if the current computer models are correct, the eye will pass within 50 miles from me, possibly right at me. Just boarded up the window wells for my basement...

In other news: We had the calm before the storm today. Absolutely dead calm! I haven't experienced that in a while. Had a ball just hovering the Sabre X for battery after battery...

Yeah the eye is supposed to hit land in Maryland they say but we sit so far out we are going to get the wind, rain, and storm surge from it. They said we are going to get full hurricane force winds.

njswede

150cc
Yeah the eye is supposed to hit land in Maryland they say but we sit so far out we are going to get the wind, rain, and storm surge from it. They said we are going to get full hurricane force winds.

Some models have it in Maryland, some in Delaware and some in Central New Jersey. In any case, this is a huge one, so it's going to suck for both of us... :(

njswede

150cc
Forecast for my town for Monday night:

Rain. Rain may be heavy at times. Strong winds with lows in the mid 40s. North winds 45 to 50 mph...becoming east after midnight. Gusts up to 65 mph. Chance of rain near 100 percent.

I have a couple of 100ft pine trees around my house. That could ruin my day...

zmonster97

Are the gens ace 60-120c batteries good? I was thinking about getting some 6s 5300mah 60-120c batteries for my 71" slick since they are on sale and hobbypartz has a 10% off coupon right now.

gyro

GSN Contributor
3DHS --FLY LOW-- Always OFF TOPIC thread

You guys be safe! I went thru a few of them in Florida during 2004/2005, not fun. Take care of yourselves!