• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS --FLY LOW-- Always OFF TOPIC

Im here. Got to fly today. Very happy about that. Its been so windy here lately so the small break we had this morning was very nice. Flew the 71 & 51 slicks. Let a friend fly my 71 slick. He loved it as I knew he would.

Im just happy l was able to fly. Oh the new 7954 hitec servos in my 71 slick feel great and are very very nice. I like them. Have them on 8volts. Thinking of upping it to 8.4 just to see if there is a feel difference.
Anyone else get to fly today?

gyro

GSN Contributor
3DHS --FLY LOW-- Always OFF TOPIC thread

I flew yesterday :)
Flew my 70" Slick for the first time with a Motrolfly 5320 (300kv for 8s) and it was simply amazing. So much energy for the pop-tops and tumbles! Need to see which prop I like better now, the 19x10 or a 20x8?? Decisions, decisions....
On the second flight, did such a hard poptop the battery connectors came loose for a second, so the esc rebooted in flight... so i got to test my new landing gear plate with breakaway nylon bolts, it worked perfect! No damage to the airplane, just one wheel pant puncture in the wing covering to fix.

Also, sold my 74" Edge, and acquired a like new 47" Osiris. Haven't flown it yet, but it sure looks fun!

-G

zmonster97

I got to fly today too. I flew my 42" slick and my funcub.

The first flight of my 42" slick I'm doing a rolling harrier pretty low and I start to mess up, so I try to level it out and I do. But didn't have enough time to recover, so I just plopped it down fairly hard. No damage, so I decide to take off again. I take off and pull right into a somewhat low hover. What I didn't notice was that I had 16 seconds (I think) left on my timer. My dad tells me not to hover low when I'm under 30 seconds on my timer. So you guys know what happens next. My lvc starts to kick in. I have it on soft cut so my plane is slowly losing power. So I try to bring it down nicely. I give it down elevator to try and level it out. It leveled out but I didn't have enough power to make a nice landing. It plops down onto the ground again, but this time harder. It hits the landing gear, then the spinner hits the ground and it flips over onto it's back.

I thought for sure it had some damage to either the landing gear mount or the motorbox. Nope! All looks fine! This is one tough plane!

So I guess when my plane came down the first time from the botched rolling harrier, it was telling me to land and stay down for that battery.