• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS --FLY LOW-- Always OFF TOPIC

I flew the heck out of my 48 edge today. I think I got 8 flights in. Im throwing together a video now of one of the last 2 flights at dusk.

quadracer

100cc
3DHS --FLY LOW-- Always OFF TOPIC thread

I got to fly today too. I flew my 42" slick and my funcub.

The first flight of my 42" slick I'm doing a rolling harrier pretty low and I start to mess up, so I try to level it out and I do. But didn't have enough time to recover, so I just plopped it down fairly hard. No damage, so I decide to take off again. I take off and pull right into a somewhat low hover. What I didn't notice was that I had 16 seconds (I think) left on my timer. My dad tells me not to hover low when I'm under 30 seconds on my timer. So you guys know what happens next. My lvc starts to kick in. I have it on soft cut so my plane is slowly losing power. So I try to bring it down nicely. I give it down elevator to try and level it out. It leveled out but I didn't have enough power to make a nice landing. It plops down onto the ground again, but this time harder. It hits the landing gear, then the spinner hits the ground and it flips over onto it's back.

I thought for sure it had some damage to either the landing gear mount or the motorbox. Nope! All looks fine! This is one tough plane!

So I guess when my plane came down the first time from the botched rolling harrier, it was telling me to land and stay down for that battery.

Why don't you set your timer back some? I'd keep my timer set to go off at least a minute before LVC to keep that from happening....

Zmonster turn off The lvc. Its easier to loose a battery than a plane. It has saved me many times over. I have yet to kill a battery because of it and l have saved a few airframes

zmonster97

Why don't you set your timer back some? I'd keep my timer set to go off at least a minute before LVC to keep that from happening....

Because, normally that wouldn't happen. It was colder today than it has been and it was windy so I was using more throttle and doing more high energy maneuvers. I did turn the timer back 30 seconds after that flight. It's now at 4:30.

Zmonster turn off The lvc. Its easier to loose a battery than a plane. It has saved me many times over. I have yet to kill a battery because of it and l have saved a few airframes

I'm using a turnigy k-force 40a esc and I don't think it can do that. Do you know?

quadracer

100cc
3DHS --FLY LOW-- Always OFF TOPIC thread

I gotcha. I was just doing the math in my head, and it sounded like your timer was set for ~15 seconds before your LVC kicks out. Seemed like an awfully short time to set up a landing! :)

I like to set my timer so my batteries come down at storage voltage. That way I don't have to worry about them. I may loose 30-45 seconds per flight but thats not a big deal to me.

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
Never - never use a LVC, they just equal a crash. If you fly too long you will feel the power giving up on you and you will know time to land now. But when the LVC kicks in you come down hard.

B

Blucor Basher

Yep, LVC is a holdover from the bad old days IMO, I don't use them. Timers are the answer (or in my case, fly every flight to a music mix which amounts to the same thing).

djmoose

70cc twin V2
Here's the thing I hate about LVC (alomsot lost my historic purple 3dhs 55" Yak 54 because of this)

If you loose a cell on a pack....you IMMEDIATELY go into LVC...at least I did...

So, I'd much rather loose a Lipo then a plane...