• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS --FLY LOW-- Always OFF TOPIC

wedoitall

we had a funeral service today out in the middle of nowhere. and when this hillbilly say middle of nowhere, trust me its way way out in the sticks. had to put chains on the tires and drive for about 30 minutes through the woods. anyway the deceased lady sons and other relatives was drinking beer. One son had a beer in one hand and his other arm was resting on the preachers shoulder. if it wasnt for the preachers shoulder the guy would have took a dirt nap.

it all made for an interesting day.

wedoitall

Just ordered a Glacier 6s 5300mah 35c battery for my 71" slick! Got it for my birthday!

All glacier batteries are in stock by the way!

thanks for the notice! needed some for the Osiris. gonna go ahead and get a charger on that order, just cant make up my mind on which charger. ive been pondering on which one to buy for a couple weeks. then a SolidHobby PSU will be on order after that.

njswede

150cc
we had a funeral service today out in the middle of nowhere. and when this hillbilly say middle of nowhere, trust me its way way out in the sticks. had to put chains on the tires and drive for about 30 minutes through the woods. anyway the deceased lady sons and other relatives was drinking beer. One son had a beer in one hand and his other arm was resting on the preachers shoulder. if it wasn't for the preachers shoulder the guy would have took a dirt nap.

it all made for an interesting day.

Wow! You painted me quite a picture there! I've only lived in this beautiful country for 12 years, but if there's one thing I've learned it's that if a guy from West Virginia says something is in the middle of nowhere, he's not kidding. :) I can only imagine what the teeth-per-person ratio was... :) (Is it OK to make fun of hillbillies? My most sincere apologies if it's not...)

wedoitall

oh yea you GOTTA poke fun at hillbillys. i wish you guys could come here to visit for about a week. when i say here i mean where i live, in the sticks. not in the northern or eastern panhandle but right dab in the middle of west virginia. you would have a blast, but you would also be in culture shock.

i moved from here when i went in the Army and live in the Athens/Atlanta area for a few years after. it was a culture shock when i first moved away from home BUT it was even bigger culture shock when i moved back home. I didnt realize how bad it was here till i moved back. i was actually kinda depressed for a month or so when i first came back. I had thought the place/people had changed, until one day i was telling my mom about being depressed and whatnot about how WV had changed. She said nothing had changed but me.

After i learn to harrier land pretty decent im gonna show you guys some beautiful places to fly. pretty excited about doing that.

Jungle

50cc
3DHS --FLY LOW-- Always OFF TOPIC thread

Haha. I live in a town in Arkansas that has the population of 72. It's in the sticks and all we have is a post office, a little country gas station and the volunteer fire station buried in the ozark mountains. So when I say I am a redneck hillbilly form the sticks, I am not kidding. But I am also proud to say that so to me most of the time it's kind of a compliment. I however work in a large city about 20 miles away so it's not like we are completely out in the boonies.

njswede

150cc
Believe it or not, but we have our share of hillbillies where I come from too. Northern Sweden is full of people who care about moonshine, moonshine, moonshine, snowmobiles, moonshine, guns, moonshine and moonshine (in that order). The only big difference is that politically the Swedish hillbillies tend to be on the left end of the political spectrum. Why? Because unemployment in those areas are out of control and a large portion of the population lives off of government subsidies. That being said, I've been to some of my best parties up there. Moonshine makes you do some pretty stupid things! :)

EDIT: I should probably have sprinkled a few more "guns" between the "moonshines", but you get the picture.

Jungle

50cc
3DHS --FLY LOW-- Always OFF TOPIC thread

I promise we got the same here. Lord knows I have done some pretty stupid stuff with the ozark mountains finest liquid courage.

wedoitall

homebrew, moonshine and homemade wine are just a few of the things that alot of the older people here barter with.

there isnt a stop light in my entire county. the closest McDonalds, movie theater, mall, etc is about a 1hr drive. closest hobby shop that deals in planes is about 1hr and 20 minutes away. but they just deal in BNF stuff. i always have a mason jar of shine and a 2 litre bottle of my buddys moms wine. now i dont drink it alot just on special occasions like tonite. here youll probably see more 4-wheelers (ATV's) than cars on the road. Most people has gun racks in the back windows of their trucks. everybody knows everybody and everything about everybody. if you came to my house chances are when you have a seat somewhere your gonna be sitting on a weapon. i just dont talk about them too much on the internet out of fear whats gonna happen in the future and i dont like to advertise too much of what i have. but oops guess i just did alil.

but yea Swede kinda sad here as alot of people are dependent on the government also.

the term redneck actually came from West Virginia coal miners and the red hankerchiefs they wore around their necks.

Living out in the sticks has its advantages, only disadvantage that I have, is NO flying clubs and nicely groomed flying fields haha

wedoitall

I promise we got the same here. Lord knows I have done some pretty stupid stuff with the ozark mountains finest liquid courage.

ha! yea if you guys only knew.....my mom has 16 brothers and sisters and were kinda known around these parts as "outlaws" so i was kinda raised around some "crazies" LOL........one day i may tell some stories.