• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS --FLY LOW-- Always OFF TOPIC

ryan_m

100cc
I would like the byper a lot more in a larger size. My chief complaint is the difficulty in battery changes. A little more room in the fuse would be super nice. Otherwise, yes it flies like other bipes. Better than them I think, but a bipe will never fly as good as monoplane. But some just absolutely love bipes, and they nearly always bring the most interest at fly-ins with all the FOG's. I like having mine, but it doesn't see nearly as much airtime as my other planes.

ChickenBalls

"Cool Guy"
Gents I know this question has been asked a bunch, but here it goes again. What would be savoxs equivalent be to Hitec 7955? Also best place to purchase.

zmonster97

Gents I know this question has been asked a bunch, but here it goes again. What would be savoxs equivalent be to Hitec 7955? Also best place to purchase.

There is a couple, but the closest one is the 1268sg. Right now the best place to purchase them would be directly from savox. Until March 1st, there is a coupon code on their ad on this website for 15% off if you order 4 or more servos.

SteveT.

100cc
I would like the byper a lot more in a larger size. My chief complaint is the difficulty in battery changes. A little more room in the fuse would be super nice. Otherwise, yes it flies like other bipes. Better than them I think, but a bipe will never fly as good as monoplane. But some just absolutely love bipes, and they nearly always bring the most interest at fly-ins with all the FOG's. I like having mine, but it doesn't see nearly as much airtime as my other planes.

No problems at all changing the battery in a Byper with one of battery boxes I designed for it....check out this post. (Post #236 in the Byper thread)

SteveT.

ryan_m

100cc
my problems are in getting to the strap, and fastening it around the battery. Dang thing always falls down and then I have to yank the whole battery out again to get to the end of it. Or it gets tucked just so behind the battery plug wire, and I have to pull the battery out. Drives me crazy. It's easy to stick in and position though, I don't have need of the box. Just more room to get the strapping done easier!

SteveT.

100cc
my problems are in getting to the strap, and fastening it around the battery. Dang thing always falls down and then I have to yank the whole battery out again to get to the end of it. Or it gets tucked just so behind the battery plug wire, and I have to pull the battery out. Drives me crazy. It's easy to stick in and position though, I don't have need of the box. Just more room to get the strapping done easier!

Don't use a strap. I found the very best way to fasten in a battery (along with my battery box..:D) is to use shock cord and a cord lock... You just make a loop with the cord and a cord lock. Then to install the battery, slide it in and cinch it down! Works wonderfully

Here is a photo...

SteveT.

Attachments

• Shock cord.jpg
    Shock cord.jpg
    175.7 KB · Views: 169