• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3w 210csts reeds

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Reading this just made my day.... Worse!
With all the time you spent restoring it and all, it makes it seem worse.
It really does. I think that is what hurts the worse. On the brighter side, it could have been much much worse. At least I gathered up out of the inverted flat spin and twisted her around and got her headed in at least the right direction. If I had done like I did with the 260 a few months back and let her coast with the wind, I think I could have set her down with no damage. But I wanted to get her into the wind for more authority on the control surfaces. Tell ya what, when big and heavy stalls, they stall damn quick. LOL. Oh well.... I aint given up on her yet. We'll see....

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Sorry to see that it will not look so bad in a month. I have lost 2 planes in last 2 weeks one total loss and I mean everything and the second one still on fence if it will be fixed.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I'm not sure I am up to the task at present. Maybe in a couple of days...or maybe after Tri-Cities. A new fuse is going to be over $1000.00 with shipping. The new untouched complete airframe I located with custom scheme is a smoking deal that I just almost can't pass up. What would you guys do? Seriously?

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Me personally would get a new plane. We all know there is always more damage than the eye can see and we all lie to our selves that it is easy to fix and cheaper and it never is. Second when putting an expensive 3w red head on the front I would want it to be perfect.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Me personally would get a new plane. We all know there is always more damage than the eye can see and we all lie to our selves that it is easy to fix and cheaper and it never is. Second when putting an expensive 3w red head on the front I would want it to be perfect.
It's interesting you make this observation. I actually pulled back the covering on the side of the fuse back at the aft section dead center of stab/elevators. I notice a small stress year in the covering and wanted to be sure the rest of the fuse was sound. Much to my dismay but not surprised I found a broken former/bulkhead. Not terribly serious. But it's just one more thing to fix. So far I've been able to pull back the covering and won't have any patches. But this is only the investigative stage. Now leaning heavily towards complete untouched custom scheme.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Man that sucks! I vote for the new airframe. Get a fresh start. But then I'm biased since I'm disgusted with one of mine right now because of a couple of deadsticks from unknown causes. It's not on your scale since it's a 60cc airplane, (my Carf Extra) and even though I love the airplane I'm so disgusted with it I have no intention of repairing the damage from last weekend until winter.

It seemed to be running great a minute or so into the first flight last Sunday when I pulled into a vertical climb and it suddenly sounded blubbering rich for a second. It seemed to clear up and then died at half throttle. I was able to head back to the field and make an approach that would normally be fine, but since there was no wind and no prop drag it just sailed right by me a couple feet off the ground missed the field, went over the road at the end of our field about a foot high and hit some beans about 4 feet tall. It sounded horrible, but all it did was break a wheel pant and break the gear plate loose. Being a composite airplane with the gear plate buried in a bad spot I need to strip everything out of the airplane to get to it. No where near the damage on yours, but why fix it if I can't rely on the GP61.

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Damn Rob,

That SUCKS. When I saw there was an update on this thread, this was the LAST thing I wanted to see. . . . . . :frown:. You did spend allot of time working on that bird and it turned out AWESOME. I'm glad you're starting to recover from your episode. Although a 40% 330 would help me recover from it too. . . . . :laughing:.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Man that sucks! I vote for the new airframe. Get a fresh start. But then I'm biased since I'm disgusted with one of mine right now because of a couple of deadsticks from unknown causes. It's not on your scale since it's a 60cc airplane, (my Carf Extra) and even though I love the airplane I'm so disgusted with it I have no intention of repairing the damage from last weekend until winter.

It seemed to be running great a minute or so into the first flight last Sunday when I pulled into a vertical climb and it suddenly sounded blubbering rich for a second. It seemed to clear up and then died at half throttle. I was able to head back to the field and make an approach that would normally be fine, but since there was no wind and no prop drag it just sailed right by me a couple feet off the ground missed the field, went over the road at the end of our field about a foot high and hit some beans about 4 feet tall. It sounded horrible, but all it did was break a wheel pant and break the gear plate loose. Being a composite airplane with the gear plate buried in a bad spot I need to strip everything out of the airplane to get to it. No where near the damage on yours, but why fix it if I can't rely on the GP61.
I feel your pain. Truly I do. I keep going back and forth. I am so wishy washy right now. I want the new untouched, no...I wanna fix my big boy, no, I want a new frame. No, I want the new one...no...ugh. I'll just give the 210 to someone and then I won't have to make "that" decision of what I want. :laughing: