• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3w 210csts reeds

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Do you want my address? ? ? ? ?:spongebob:
Naa...that's ok. I appreciate the offer though. I would really hate for you to have to put this on the shelf and just look at it. Cuz I "KNOW" how you are about your time and all. :laughing:

I actually did a little work on the fuse last night. I carefully pulled back the covering to expose more of the fuse in the area it will need the repairs. Although it is a frightening sight, it really doesn't look to be all that difficult. The biggest chore is getting all that glued in place wood removed and cleaned up to accept the new pieces. As for the aft portion of the fuse where it popped a bulkhead/former loose. Ah heck, that will be a five minute process of dripping some glue into the joint and clamping it down. Five minutes after that, it will be stronger than when it was built.

If I choose to repair it, I will start a "Rebuilding the downed Yak" thread.http://www.GiantScaleNews.com/forums/images/smilies/198.gif

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Yeah Rob, you're right. I'm finding it hard to find time to work one night a week on my AMR Stick. That, and the fact that there is no way I could fit a 40%er in the back of my Durango. . . . :frown:

Stay cool out there, Buddy. It's supposed to be another scorcher around here again today.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Decisions have been made today. Most good I hope. First, my son put three more perfect flights on his 124 powered 330. He even let me yank the sticks a bit. I've decided I really "REALLY" like the way that plane flies. Even inverted harriers are so simple. It is so capable of everything but flies so stable and predictable like my 260. So, decision number 1, not getting the new Hamilton Edge in the 100cc size. Probably going to be the 92 incher for my "dub" 70 twin. Instead, I know of a certain container bound for the coast later this month. In it contains my Purple and Orange Pilot 107" 330. Already has my name on it.:laughing: I will pull all the equipment including the 124 from the Purple Edge and stuff it all in the 330. Hence, decision number 2 my trusty and faithful 107" Purple Pilot Edge is up for grabs. Airframe only. First 500 dead Washingtons plus shipping takes it. :shake: I'm sure I can talk my son out of the shipping containers his 330 arrived in.
This second decision determines decision number 3. No new untouched custom scheme Yak. After all the hard work of restoring mine and all the love I put into it, I just can't not fix it. Even if it takes me 6 months. So, I am going to order wood tonight. It really isn't terrible damage. Just time consuming. And besides, I want to take on a different kind of task. So I will be starting a thread on the repairs. I of course will be very appreciative of any help all you awesome and experienced builders can offer.
Decision number 4 involves an out dated and way back burner project called Restoring the Dalton. I'm done waiting and it's time a certain obligation is fulfilled. Regardless of circumstances revolving around the Dalton.
Be looking for the Yak repair thread. I just might.....start it tonight. "Behemoth Yak Gets A Belly Job":lol2:

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
. . . . I of course will be very appreciative of any help all you awesome and experienced builders can offer. . . .
Oh well, that leaves me out. . . . . . . :roflmao:

Seriously Rob, I'm glad you decided to fix your Yak. You can still do a new custom color scheme on it. :yesss:

Let's see here, you're going to be fixing two big planes, taking the guts out of a third and putting them in a fourth. You're going to be a very busy little beaver this fall and winter. All the while, I'll be lucky if I can finish a simple 50cc Stick in the same time frame.:laughing: