• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D 50% cap 232

Flyrcjoe

70cc twin V2
The wing tubes turned out great. They are extremely difficult to get off. I learned putting a playing card in between the wing tube and the socket, then putting a straw in between those two and using compressed air to pop them off it works great. image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Flyrcjoe

70cc twin V2
Joe....what do you use as a release agent on the CF tube before rolling on the FG cloth?
I use three coats of wax, one coat of PVA, one and quarter wraps of wax paper that is taped at the ends. Then I have a sheet of mylar on the bench. I wet out the cloth using a playing card as a squeegee on the mylar. Then I place the tube on the wet cloth and bring up one side of the cloth wrapping it onto the tube. Next while leaving the tube in its place I twist it resulting in the cloth dragging as I twist. This ensures a tight fit. Make sure the direction you are twisting is the same direction your wax paper was wrapped onto the tube. If you twist in the opposite direction your wax paper will loosen and bunch. I will tell you I have tried dozens of different ways to do this and had minimal success. My good friend John taught me how to do it this way and I will tell you it works perfect! You will still need two friends to pull it off the tube once it is dry. Again I really want to say thanks John for this technique!
!image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Flyrcjoe

70cc twin V2
I now have the cowling mounted. I also was able to cut the wings, just need to start sheeting them. But with Christmas this week, family comes first we'll see what we get done.
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 333

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Holy crap!!!! You are on a mission! LAW said we should be able to cut some control horns for you this weekend, after Christmas.