• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D 50% cap 232

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
shocked-smiley-emoticon.gif

That's bad ass right there!!

Dooinit

70cc twin V2
The fuselage weighs 4 pounds 4.1 ounces. It's 95% glued here is a picture of the stress test. I weigh 189 pounds. And yes the fuselage is still in one piece.
Come on man....JUMP!!!!! I have faith. Super cool build. I will be watching.

Flyrcjoe

70cc twin V2
Joe, What ply are you using on most of the fuse?

90% of it is light ply. Then I have some 1/8 inch burch and 1 piece of 1/4 inch burch ply for the landing gear plate and F1. I know it is heavy in those spots but one of the places I fly has sprinklers that love to take out gear.

Question to you... As a builder I am curious to know the fuselage weight of the 55% extra that is in your avitar picture. Did you happen to weigh it before putting the turtle deck and belly pan on? I am wanting to compare weight of a 3/8 balsa stick build vs ply.

Last edited by a moderator:

Flyrcjoe

70cc twin V2
Wow. I like that Cap a lot. You called it a custom? One-off? Impressive.

That plane was started over 20 years ago by York, John and a few other guys. They built the plug and laid up 2 fuselages, 2 cowlings, 1 elevator and stab and 1 set of wings but only 1 aileron. The only plug still around is the wing. I bought one fuselage and cowling set in the raw form from my friend Dan. I then built a new set of foam wings, elevators and rudder to save weight. When I finished it the final weight was 36 lbs 9 oz.

Last edited:
Can't find my weights. But... Bob Sawyer's came in at 4# 4.3oz at this point.

Attachments

• DSCN2940.jpg
    DSCN2940.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 406