• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale 50% Dalotel 165

that should hold things together

19116=12626-dk.jpg
19116=12626-dk.jpg

just capped the other side of the spar, this is going to be a very strong spar, near where all the bolts are for the aluminum plates, is where the retractable gear mechanics will reside, also need to be strong

cbarnes0061;19893 wrote: I like my carbon tubes thank you very much. Without a tube profiles just can't handle to pressure.

a few things about Tube spar, one they came into being for models because of its ease of assembly at the field, two, the only tube spars used in full size aviation are on Ultralights,

No gliders, no aerobatic aircrafts have ever used a tube, so I believe , as good as tubes are, they are not necessarily the best way to go.

BalsaDust

Forgues Research;19895 wrote: a few things about Tube spar, one they came into being for models because of its ease of assembly at the field, two, the only tube spars used in full size aviation are on Ultralights,

No gliders, no aerobatic aircrafts have ever used a tube, so I believe , as good as tubes are, they are not necessarily the best way to go.

Completly understood. Im referring to the profile planes though where they need some sort of tube in the fuse to keep them strong enough. A lot of the guys flying them actually like a fiberglass tube over csrbon as it allows for s little bit of flex when it is dorked in instead of breaking like the carbon would likely do.

cbarnes0061;19905 wrote: Completly understood. Im referring to the profile planes though where they need some sort of tube in the fuse to keep them strong enough. A lot of the guys flying them actually like a fiberglass tube over csrbon as it allows for s little bit of flex when it is dorked in instead of breaking like the carbon would likely do.

ouch, of course you don't want anything as complex as what I am doing for a little profile airplane