Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale 50% Dalotel 165

Discussion in 'Giant / Scale Scratch and Kit Build Threads' started by Forgues-Research, Aug 16, 2014.

1. Forgues-Research

Forgues-Research 150cc

The mounting plate to be hidden behind the back seat, will hold all electronics and batteries, Right now the batteries aren't there , but you can see the redundancy bus in place, the little red unit is an aura 8 stabilizer but this is not the one I will use , I will use the Spirit Pro for aero. also waiting for it , the 3 yellow rectangle units are the failsafe electronic switches, with each a 65 amp mosfet, so no heating problems.
    The two small units outside the black plate with with the green Y are the tiny receivers, They are small because they only need very little electronics, no servo plugs into them , but rather use SBUS system for a full 16 channels each, but am using them as satelites for better signal coverage, one will have telemetry. Going back to the failsafe electronic switches, will be armed by the key on the rear instrument panel, since they need very little current to arm. There is at least one of these switches missing right now for the ignition but that will be up front , and one also for the starter. So there you have it , still not complete because waiting for parts but getting there

Attached Files:

• ajh.JPG
      ajh.JPG
      File size:
      144.8 KB
      Views:
    • aji.JPG
      aji.JPG
      File size:
      112.8 KB
      Views:
    • ajj.JPG
      ajj.JPG
      File size:
      157.7 KB
      Views:
    • ajk.JPG
      ajk.JPG
      File size:
      157.3 KB
      Views:
    • ajl.JPG
      ajl.JPG
      File size:
      111.9 KB
      Views:
    • ajm.JPG
      ajm.JPG
      File size:
      111.9 KB
      Views:
    • ajn.JPG
      ajn.JPG
      File size:
      131.2 KB
      Views:
  2. stangflyer

stangflyer I like 'em "BIG"!

Wow! It makes me dizzy and my head spins when I "attempt" to think about all the engineering and designing you are putting into this plane. (You are either completely insane by now, (I know I would be) or an absolute genius) Just one question, would it not be easier to just locate a size reduction chamber somewhere, get a full scale Dalotel and then reduce it to the size you want? LOL...just kidding bro. I am so intrigued with this build. Nothing like I have ever seen.

Snoopy1 and Forgues-Research like this.
  3. Forgues-Research

Forgues-Research 150cc

Insane , probably something my ex would have said LOL Genius hmmm I have been called worst LOL

49dimes likes this.
  4. Forgues-Research

Forgues-Research 150cc

on a smaller note, I needed some small wire keepers, then it dawned on me, I have a 3D printer , so lets make some and let me tell you itworks just as I had hoped for that's a servo wire you see

Attached Files:

• ajo.JPG
      ajo.JPG
      File size:
      350.3 KB
      Views:
    • ajp.JPG
      ajp.JPG
      File size:
      81.3 KB
      Views:
    49dimes, AKNick and pawnshopmike like this.
  5. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 640cc Uber Pimp

Canada
    I have to hand it to you, you one creative person and it is always a pleasure to read the things you are doing.

49dimes and Forgues-Research like this.
  6. Forgues-Research

Forgues-Research 150cc

Thank you , that is very kind of you .

Snoopy1 likes this.
  7. Forgues-Research

Forgues-Research 150cc

included photos of the front instrument panel now that cameral battery is fully charged, and testing for size of the electronics behind the rear seat, looks good, redesigned the spinner and back plate to leave space for the propeller., but this is not printed yet

Attached Files:

8. Forgues-Research

Forgues-Research 150cc

Here is a picture of the 3D printed spinner, on this picture there is a coat of filler specifically for 3D printed items, and you can see I have started to sand to make it smooth, the back plate is also printer and it fits perfectly and tight , I'm very happy with this

Attached Files:

• ajt.JPG
      ajt.JPG
      File size:
      94.1 KB
      Views:
  9. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 640cc Uber Pimp

Canada
    Are you ok with boulting the prop up against the plastic. I not sure the types of plastic that is printable. But pleas make sure that the plastic you are using has no creep under a load.

10. Forgues-Research

Forgues-Research 150cc

Although I have more tests to do, I am quite confident it will be OK , because I printed solid and no percentage of infill, one solid piece.

stangflyer and 49dimes like this.