Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale 50% Dalotel 165

Discussion in 'Giant / Scale Scratch and Kit Build Threads' started by Forgues-Research, Aug 16, 2014.

1. Forgues-Research

Forgues-Research 150cc

I had to redo the spinner back plate. This time printed a bit thicker, and the screw tie down also thicker, with cowling on

Attached Files:

• alf.jpg
      alf.jpg
      File size:
      81.2 KB
      Views:
    • alg.jpg
      alg.jpg
      File size:
      1 MB
      Views:
    • alh.jpg
      alh.jpg
      File size:
      831 KB
      Views:
    • ali.jpg
      ali.jpg
      File size:
      862.3 KB
      Views:
    stangflyer, dhal22, -Rick- and 2 others like this.
  2. Forgues-Research

Forgues-Research 150cc

programmed the radio throws for the retracts, I'm happy with it

3. dhal22

dhal22 GSN Sponsor Tier 1

We all are.

stangflyer and Forgues-Research like this.
  4. Looking great Roger. I scored a Bridi Dalotel kit NIB.

stangflyer and Forgues-Research like this.
  5. Forgues-Research

Forgues-Research 150cc

thank you ,
    I didn't know bridi made a Dalotel kit,

6. Haven't got it in my hands yet. but looking around it seems to have been produced in the 80s. they used Hanno Prettners plans.
    It calls for a .91 engine, seems a bit small to me. it has an 84" span. Thinking an RCGF 21cc or 30cc twin. What is your thought on that?

7. Forgues-Research

Forgues-Research 150cc

Well , 84 inches is not very big so doesn't need a ton of power but I personally like gas engines rather then glow but that's a personal opinion.

stangflyer likes this.
  8. Forgues-Research

Forgues-Research 150cc

I recently fabricated this current meter (amps) since we are running so much more current then we use to and it helps me to keep a tab on what is what.

stangflyer, 49dimes, dhal22 and 2 others like this.
  9. stangflyer

stangflyer I like 'em "BIG"!

Sorry I have not been present lately. Had some computer issues. But thankfully they are now ironed out. Back to intently watch your progress.

10. Forgues-Research

Forgues-Research 150cc

No worries , as you can see, nothing much to show, although I have been working on it, preparing for first flight , in the mean time getting my laser ready for some practice flights and testing the new FrSky 900 Mhz module and receivers, , these are for extreme long distance and better radio connection, but not long distance for me , only LOS (line of sight)

stangflyer, 49dimes and pawnshopmike like this.