Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale 50% Dalotel 165

Discussion in 'Giant / Scale Scratch and Kit Build Threads' started by Forgues-Research, Aug 16, 2014.

1. Forgues-Research

Forgues-Research 150cc

Mufflers all welded and ready to install, taxi test within the next few weeks, if all goes well next will be the test flight

Attached Files:

HRRC Flyer, Patto, stangflyer and 3 others like this.
  2. stangflyer

stangflyer I like 'em "BIG"!

Yikes... a guy would have to be a wizard to figure out your wiring. I am glad you are doing the wiring. I would go insane. LOL

Wow....we are already up to the taxi tests and soon a maiden? I am so anxious and excited.

49dimes, Patto and Forgues-Research like this.
  3. Forgues-Research

Forgues-Research 150cc

more updates
    finalizing ignition which was defective, but now with a new one should be OK , and there is no one more excited about the taxi test coming up, hope to have plenty of photos and videos,
    As for the maiden, I chose a private airfield because of its length with no obstacles both sides of the approaches. stay tuned

4. 49dimes

49dimes Damn I'm hungry

:fist_pump:

Forgues-Research likes this.
  5. stangflyer

Oh you know we will stay tuned. We're about as excited as you are. Bring it on...

6. Forgues-Research

Forgues-Research 150cc

a few pictures, about the ignition module replaced, also ignition battery install with its own failsafe mosfet switch, also installed two temperature sensors on the rear cylinders, and you can also see the airspeed sensor

Attached Files:

• alr.JPG
      alr.JPG
      File size:
      134.1 KB
      Views:
    • als.JPG
      als.JPG
      File size:
      119.1 KB
      Views:
    • alt.JPG
      alt.JPG
      File size:
      113.3 KB
      Views:
    • alu.JPG
      alu.JPG
      File size:
      129.2 KB
      Views:
    • alv.JPG
      alv.JPG
      File size:
      103 KB
      Views:
    • alx.JPG
      alx.JPG
      File size:
      100.4 KB
      Views:
    • aly.JPG
      aly.JPG
      File size:
      82.9 KB
      Views:
  7. Forgues-Research

Forgues-Research 150cc

all loaded up and will assemble for the first time at our annual fun fly, it will be a good assembly rehearsal since this is not assembled as your usual model but exactly like the full size, will some taxi test later after our fun fly, then flight test will be in October, and the reason for October is I decided to enter team so found a local pilot which was rated as the 5th in the world in helicopters, now flying jets , so why October? a few weeks ago while racing his motorcycle, had a bad crash and broke both legs, damaged shoulder and more , so now he is on recovery.
    I'm a decent pilot, but I want the best his name is Colin Bell of Nova Scotia

Attached Files:

• alz.jpg
      alz.jpg
      File size:
      96.3 KB
      Views:
    • aoa.jpg
      aoa.jpg
      File size:
      67.5 KB
      Views:
    • aob.jpg
      aob.jpg
      File size:
      79.8 KB
      Views:
    • aoc.jpg
      aoc.jpg
      File size:
      72.2 KB
      Views:
  8. AKNick

AKNick 150cc

Alaska
    Man, Poor guy... sounds miserable! What a beauty of a plane, cannot wait to see this plane assembled at the field!

Jetpainter likes this.
  9. Forgues-Research

Forgues-Research 150cc

there will be pictures and hopefully a video walk around

10. stangflyer

I am so sorry I have not kept up to speed. I see lots of progress. You know... I may not be rated top in the world. But I'm a pretty darn good pilot. Want me to maiden it? You know I'd get on the first plane over to get my hands on that beauty. Love it. Keep us posted please.