• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale 50% Dalotel 165

Mufflers all welded and ready to install, taxi test within the next few weeks, if all goes well next will be the test flight

Attachments

• alp.jpg
    alp.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 630
  • alq.jpg
    alq.jpg
    479.7 KB · Views: 590
  • Assem AB.JPG
    Assem AB.JPG
    133.9 KB · Views: 580
  • alo.JPG
    alo.JPG
    133.5 KB · Views: 586

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
wiring nearly done, and looks worst then actually is, also the 2.4 ghz receiver and the 900 mhz receiver, yes tiny, about 1.5 g each
Yikes... a guy would have to be a wizard to figure out your wiring. I am glad you are doing the wiring. I would go insane. LOL

Mufflers all welded and ready to install, taxi test within the next few weeks, if all goes well next will be the test flight
Wow....we are already up to the taxi tests and soon a maiden? I am so anxious and excited.

more updates
finalizing ignition which was defective, but now with a new one should be OK , and there is no one more excited about the taxi test coming up, hope to have plenty of photos and videos,
As for the maiden, I chose a private airfield because of its length with no obstacles both sides of the approaches. stay tuned

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
more updates
finalizing ignition which was defective, but now with a new one should be OK , and there is no one more excited about the taxi test coming up, hope to have plenty of photos and videos,
As for the maiden, I chose a private airfield because of its length with no obstacles both sides of the approaches. stay tuned

:fist_pump:

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
more updates
Oh you know we will stay tuned. We're about as excited as you are. Bring it on...

a few pictures, about the ignition module replaced, also ignition battery install with its own failsafe mosfet switch, also installed two temperature sensors on the rear cylinders, and you can also see the airspeed sensor

Attachments

• alr.JPG
    alr.JPG
    134.1 KB · Views: 538
  • als.JPG
    als.JPG
    119.1 KB · Views: 543
  • alt.JPG
    alt.JPG
    113.3 KB · Views: 572
  • alu.JPG
    alu.JPG
    129.2 KB · Views: 531
  • alv.JPG
    alv.JPG
    103 KB · Views: 574
  • alx.JPG
    alx.JPG
    100.4 KB · Views: 548
  • aly.JPG
    aly.JPG
    82.9 KB · Views: 542
all loaded up and will assemble for the first time at our annual fun fly, it will be a good assembly rehearsal since this is not assembled as your usual model but exactly like the full size, will some taxi test later after our fun fly, then flight test will be in October, and the reason for October is I decided to enter team so found a local pilot which was rated as the 5th in the world in helicopters, now flying jets , so why October? a few weeks ago while racing his motorcycle, had a bad crash and broke both legs, damaged shoulder and more , so now he is on recovery.
I'm a decent pilot, but I want the best his name is Colin Bell of Nova Scotia

Attachments

• alz.jpg
    alz.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 547
  • aoa.jpg
    aoa.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 511
  • aob.jpg
    aob.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 513
  • aoc.jpg
    aoc.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 504

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I am so sorry I have not kept up to speed. I see lots of progress. You know... I may not be rated top in the world. But I'm a pretty darn good pilot. Want me to maiden it? You know I'd get on the first plane over to get my hands on that beauty. Love it. Keep us posted please.