• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale 50% Dalotel 165

Roger....I hope you have better success with this than I did. The stuff I tried was Durafix. It seemed to work and flow as advertised when I welded a canister stinger back on. Seemed strong when I tried to break it off by hand.....but the first flight it fell off. Haven't fiddled with the stuff since then. :(
I was thinking about what you said, just wondering if the heat of the muffler with engine vibration had something to do with this,

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
I was thinking about what you said, just wondering if the heat of the muffler with engine vibration had something to do with this,
Possibly....although the main reason I bought the stuff was to repair canisters or pipes. I wouldn't think heat would get to 700+, but certainly there is vibration. I'd test the crap out of it on something before I'd trust it for landing gear though!

completed the two wheel attach I guess you can call this, but still some filing and sanding , then on to the oleo struts

Attachments

• cf.jpg
    cf.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 276
  • cg.jpg
    cg.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 244
  • ch.jpg
    ch.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 270
The welding goods great, is there a flux used with the process?
Thanks Tony, no there is no flux, you simply clean the two parts to be welded, to remove any oxidation , Heat the two parts checking with the rod .
The temperature has to be hot enough to melt the welding rod, but not the two parts being welded, also the hot parts melts the rod and not the flame
I'm not an expert and still learning.