• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Sport 50CC AMR STICK THREAD

Should I Do A Build Thread On My 50cc AMR Stick

• YES, DEFINITELY

Votes: 17 89.5%
  • YES, BUT ONLY IF IT TAKES LESS THAN A YEAR. . . . LOL

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • MAY BE INTERESTING

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NO, TOO BORING

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Thanks Fellas,

It's going to be a couple of weeks still, before I will be able to get going on it. I have fixed one of my little Slimer's, but I still have the other two to do before I can get going on the stick. . . . . . . Stay tuned.

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Good evening Gents,

My apologies for the delays. Made a mistake and took 3 days off last week. Rained the whole time and now I'm having to work 14 hour days eery day this week to catch up. Life is wonderful . . . . :laughing:. I know you all are probably tired of reading this, but it's still going to be a little while longer before I get going on my Stick, but I'm seriously getting the urge to fly it. . . . :yesss:.

While I'm typing, even the poll doesn't close until next week, I have decided that I will do the build thread. Hopefully everyone won't be too disappointed or maybe it will give you guys a good laugh. One of my thoughts is that doing the thread will keep me focused on getting it done. The added benefit is if I run into a snag, I know I have you guys to point me in the right direction.

Take care fellas,
David

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Maybe this will inspire you built it last year an AMR stick 85. Tryed to fly it on taxing out to the run way both wheel axel s failed and broke the landing gear out it is all fixed again and hopefully to get into the air in the next month.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    78 KB · Views: 355

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Well guys I am no different been building a Viper This winter. All the wood is done but got to the part of prepping the canopy and just stalled. Summer arrived and to busy flying and do plane maintenance, just can not get into gear to go into the basement and do some building.

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
OK,

Who is the smarty pants who ruined my perfect record by NOT voting "Yes Definitely" in my poll? Or do I have to ask? ? ? ? ? ? ?. . . . . :spongebob:

I talked to my Buddy who is letting me use his shop last night and he asked me when was I going to get started on my Stick. He is the kind of person that will not let me pay him one red cent for the use of his room or the electricity, so I went on a mission to find a little something to give him to show my appreciation for his generosity. He has had numerous 1/4 scale BUSA Cubs over the years and most of them were with floats since he lives on a river with brackish water and he has a boat dock. Anyway he recently finished building a BUSA 1/3 scale cub complete with floats, but he sold his 1/4 scale about 6 months ago. He has flown his big cub a few times on land and on the water, but he has remarked on ore than one occasion that he even though he liked the big one, he was sorry he sold his 1/4 scale because the big one was just too big for him to handle by himself. Anyway, I found a KILLER deal on a NIB BUSA 1/4 scale Cub kit so I bought it and gave it to him last night. At first he wouldn't take it without paying me for it, which was what I expected. So when I told him it would hurt my feelings if he refused, he said OK and kept it.

As I was leaving, he pulled me aside and quietly told me how grateful he was and that I REALLY shouldn't have given him the kit. That was all the thanks I needed. Then he laughed out loud and told me that I needed to hurry up and finish my stick so he can get to work on the Cub. . . . :big_yes:.

So, good Lord willing, I am going to get started on my Stick next Monday night after we flip the sheet rock over that is on his table and make sure the table is flat. . . . . . . :woohoo!:.

Since everyone usually doesn't leave Joe's house until around midnight, with any luck, my first post in this thread that actually has some building in it will be one week from tonight. . . .:yesss:.

Good night all.