• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale 50cc Scratch Build From My Own Design Revisited

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Dang dude, that thing is really coming along nicely. Very sweet if I may say so? Wanna do some building for me? LOL....

IMAC FANATIC

40% happier than most folks.
Realy like the lines of the plane, super tough looking, time to get your hands dirty on this one again!  Thinking the other planes are gonna collect a whole lotta dust when this one maidens. Nice work , very nice indeed.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Thanks guys!

I got the airplane onto the workbench last night a starred at it trying to figure out how I want to sheet/plank the area where the vertical stab turtle deck and fuse all meet, and all I can say is AAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!  It's times like this I wish I hadn't put form ahead of function, but form is what this airplane is all about. I can see lots of very narrow strips of balsawood in my future. With any luck I'll have some new photos in a couple of days.

ericb

Team WTFO
GSN Contributor
Jetpainter said

Thanks guys!

I got the airplane onto the workbench last night a starred at it trying to figure out how I want to sheet/plank the area where the vertical stab turtle deck and fuse all meet, and all I can say is AAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!  It's times like this I wish I hadn't put form ahead of function, but form is what this airplane is all about. I can see lots of very narrow strips of balsawood in my future. With any luck I'll have some new photos in a couple of days.

I am sure it will turn out perfect. That area is the hardest part of any build I have done. It will be worth it in the end though.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Since the pictures went away when the site was updated, I'll upload them again. Side View Finished.jpg R47 Side On Gear Paint.jpg Parts2.jpg Parts3.jpg Parts4.jpg Parts5.jpg Engine Box Glue 1.jpg Engine Box Glue 2.jpg Firewall Installed.jpg Engine Box Weighted.jpg Engine Box Top Installed.jpg Gear Mount 2.jpg

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Rear Bottom Fuse..jpg Rear Bottom Fuse 2.jpg Stab Tube Socket 3.jpg Rear Bottom Fuse 3.jpg Stab Mount.jpg Test Fit.jpg Rear Bottom Fuse 4.jpg Tail Wheel Mount.jpg Engine & Pipe 1.jpg Pipe 1.jpg Pipe 2.jpg Rear Bottom Planking 1.jpg Rear Bottom Planking 2.jpg Rear Bottom Planking 3.jpg Rear Bottom Planking 4.jpg Rear Bottom Planking 5.jpg Rear Bottom Planking 6.jpg Rear Bottom Planking 7.jpg Rear Bottom Planking 8.jpg

Attachments

• Rear Bottom Fuse..jpg
    Rear Bottom Fuse..jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 370
  • Rear Bottom Fuse 2.jpg
    Rear Bottom Fuse 2.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 312
  • Stab Tube Socket 3.jpg
    Stab Tube Socket 3.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 341
  • Rear Bottom Fuse 3.jpg
    Rear Bottom Fuse 3.jpg