• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

57 SC Discussion

3Daddict

70cc twin V2
Its building time though, so not all is lost LOL. Planning on ordering an EF 60'' Laser next week. The Polar Vortex strike 3 is expected to move out sometime around mid March, with temps returning to 40 degrees. I think you will enjoy the extra, what servos did you end up going with?

maxx4wd

50cc
Yeah I like the looks of the EF Laser...pretty sweet looking bird. Hopefully the polar vortex observes the 3 strikes law and stays away for a bit. I ended up with the 7245s as there was a presidents sale and I was able to get them 10% off - not a huge amount but better than nothing - plus the difference will be a good chunk of a replacement fpv foamie that I've been needing to order ;)

3Daddict

70cc twin V2
Yeah I like the looks of the EF Laser...pretty sweet looking bird. Hopefully the polar vortex observes the 3 strikes law and stays away for a bit. I ended up with the 7245s as there was a presidents sale and I was able to get them 10% off - not a huge amount but better than nothing - plus the difference will be a good chunk of a replacement fpv foamie that I've been needing to order ;)

You will like the 7245Mh servo. Real precise servo, and vary strong.

maxx4wd

50cc
Maiden went awesome this morning. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396721258.989461.jpg running the motrofly 4315-500 on 6s - mixed high speed and some 3d for a combine flight time of 5:30. Pretty happy with the plane. One thing though - it falls left out of a hover if you're not all over it - anyone else have this issue?

3Daddict

70cc twin V2
That is good you finally got a chance to fly it. You will like it more the more you fly it LOL. About the hover thing, mine does not do that, but I have heard other people say it does. who knows, I could just be correcting it without even knowing it. I learned to hover on planes that were pigs compared to what 3dhs has now LOL. So to me hovering any modern 3D bird is stupid simple LOL. I will be flying mine tomorrow, I was able to pick up another batt at the Toledo show today. now I have two, that should increase my flying a bit LOL.

maxx4wd

50cc
Yeah, this bird is not hard to hover at all - just caught me a little by surprise the first time when it just fell out on its side - something my slick and foamie had never done...no big deal, once I was aware of it, its nothing more than keeping a little right rudder on the back burner ;)

New batteries are always good - I only have two for this bird right now as well (two sets of 3s 2600's) but as soon as they are back in stock I'm going to be ordering a few more - until then I'm going to try running all my 2200's - should be worth 4 maybe 4.5 minutes. Loving the 6s setup though - great efficiency and fast..

Hope your flights go great tomorrow...I might try to sneek out before the kids eat breakfast as well...thanks for the suggestions and help. How was the show? Looks like a good one from all the instagram posts I've been seeing.

3Daddict

70cc twin V2
I went with 4-cell, and they are not nearly as efficient. I get 5 min flight time and land at 3.8 a cell. So that is my Max flight time. That is a mixture of high energy 3D, low and slow, and a little precision flying. It was a great day today, and I got about 10-12 flights. I just love this bird.

maxx4wd

50cc
Nice - that sounds like a great day of flying. I can't wait to fly this bird again - sounds like some lunchtime flying this week.

I wasn't used to suck long flight times - at 4:30 my internal clock started getting antsy. But I think I can re calibrate soon enough.

3Daddict

70cc twin V2
Nice - that sounds like a great day of flying. I can't wait to fly this bird again - sounds like some lunchtime flying this week.

I wasn't used to suck long flight times - at 4:30 my internal clock started getting antsy. But I think I can re calibrate soon enough.
How long do you think you could fly with your setup?

maxx4wd

50cc
How long do you think you could fly with your setup?

With the 2x 3s 2600 mah and flying a mix of high speed and low and slow I brought it down at 6:00 with 3.90v per cell - so I'm guessing right about 6:30 - but I never push my batteries so I just set it at 5:30 and it'll allow me to mess around a bit and land.

Last edited by a moderator: