• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

60" Edge EXP Build and Fly

Luv3d

70cc twin V2
As you can see from my avatar...I love the 60 as well! Awesome machine. We should fly together some weekend.

I'd love to. Alas, I having hand surgery in Thursday, so it may be a while. Oh, yeah, and I still have that BEC of yours....

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
Sounds like the easiest method yet. I use ultra cote and just cut a thin strip (3/4"?) and lay it into the gap, then seal from one end to the other with a trim iron. It works well as well, but you need ultra cote and a trim iron. With Ohio's idea...you need a $2 roll of packing tape and a pair of scissors (ok...AND an xacto knife :D)

I'm trying that method next.
Do you lay a strip on the other side to prevent the tacky side from picking up dust/dirt?
I just did one side which is what I also did for Blenderm and never noticed junk catching there.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Very well just got released to go back to work. Been doing some flying, so far so good :)

That's fantastic, glad to hear it went well. I hope to never have a severe injury or need for surgery on my hands, I use them too much!

Whatcha been flying?

Been flying the 48" and 60" EF Edges (after some testing with the TH slick to make sure the hand was good to go).

Doc Austin

70cc twin V2
So sad this thread fell onto page two. This is the sweetest and easiest flying EXP of them all. Of anything it's a bit too easy, but that's good for newer pilots and even experienced pilots who want something a little bit more relaxing than an MSX with 90 degrees of elevator travel!

Rather than write another book on this plane, please check out my blog article on this plane:

60" Edge EXP__The Unfair Advantage

[video=vimeo;85631858]https://vimeo.com/85631858[/video]​