• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

60" Laser-EXP

SnowDog

awesome report Ray! I flew Enterprises Laser at Fort Smith and really loved it. Glad to hear that you are enjoying yours!

wedoitall

Just keeps getting better flying the Laser - wow. Do not be afraid to work with moving your CG back some either. I had been happy with where it was for KE coupling balance and today moved it back another 3/8" just to see and it really helped the hover and some in harrier with no changes to KE. Really tolerant with the CG so don't take your spot for granted, you might see some improvements.

I actually spent some time today in low rates and was also blown away. Long single slow roll across the sky was never better, I could not believe it was me flying, on rails. Even rollers in low rates are easier to do then any other plane in low rates with such precise control.

I fly a variant of the snake that I think looks better, I roll left to start just pass wings 90° and push down elevator to push right and up a little, then I roll 180° right into the opposite push back. The extra half rolls in there is what I think makes it look better plus at least for me is easier. Anyway again in slow rates the Laser pulls this off with little effort.

More on landings, if you struggle with landings this plane IS for you, so easy to grease in.

The only thing I struggle with and its all me is upright Pop Tops. Inverted are no problem and spins like a top. I think I do to many crankshafts and my commands get mixed and I end up killing energy. If you have a trick to doing upright PT's please share.

Just so excited after flying this morning I had to share.

slow rolls on this bad boy are sweet huh! i remember reading months ago when i was trying to learn rollers that if you could slow roll the entire length of the field you were doing something. Its a breeze with the Laser. on your version of the snake, thats pretty much how i first started doing them, just seemed natural that way. i like doing mine the normal way but very deep snap more deliberate and slower than most.

On poptops ,you know atm mine look prettier inverted than upright. Timing is the key to upright ones, seems like more so than nailing timing on inverted on the Laser. i was getting a good 3 turns inverted. I cant wait to go back to a 16x8 prop.

Torque rolls and hovers are so easy on this plane.

So Ray, where about are you on your cg now? Im flying mine pretty forward at the moment. I gonna do like i did on the MXS. Im gonna keep moving it back alil bit at a time, until i started to get just a fuzz bit of wing rock in harrier. Then move it forward just a tad, until rock is gone.

Have i mentioned how freakin awesome this plane is?

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
So Ray, where about are you on your cg now? Im flying mine pretty forward at the moment. I gonna do like i did on the MXS. Im gonna keep moving it back alil bit at a time, until i started to get just a fuzz bit of wing rock in harrier. Then move it forward just a tad, until rock is gone.

Have i mentioned how freakin awesome this plane is?

So this was taking in my build thread where I balanced it with fishing line around the tube and the actual line I marked on the wood is more where the red arrow is. I am now back to the yellow line. My setup again is a 4315-480 with 1/2" spacers, EF spinner, Xoar 16x7, ZTW 85A B-series on the bottom of the motor box aft as it will go, and Glacier 6S 3300's

Attachments

• DSC_0003b.JPG
    DSC_0003b.JPG
    54.1 KB · Views: 191

wedoitall

oh wow, im quite abit ways forward than you . i still havent flow enough to lock down cg. hope to get some more time on her tomorrow. i need to just work on cg and fully trim and be done with that.

wedoitall

i am running telemetry and have wires ran for tail lights, all behind the tube. Still tho im quite a bit away from yours

YellowJacketsRC

70cc twin V2

The only thing I struggle with and its all me is upright Pop Tops. Inverted are no problem and spins like a top. I think I do to many crankshafts and my commands get mixed and I end up killing energy. If you have a trick to doing upright PT's please share.

Just so excited after flying this morning I had to share.

Try giving opposite aileron a lot sooner. I come out of a down line at full throttle and pull up. Slam left stick into the bottom right corner and right stick into top left. Then I immediately pull right stick to top right. and then let off elevator. Try playing with the timing going from left aileron to right. Less time on left and quick to right. See if that helps

YellowJacketsRC

70cc twin V2
So this was taking in my build thread where I balanced it with fishing line around the tube and the actual line I marked on the wood is more where the red arrow is. I am now back to the yellow line. My setup again is a 4315-480 with 1/2" spacers, EF spinner, Xoar 16x7, ZTW 85A B-series on the bottom of the motor box aft as it will go, and Glacier 6S 3300's

Im right in the same area...

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
Try giving opposite aileron a lot sooner. I come out of a down line at full throttle and pull up. Slam left stick into the bottom right corner and right stick into top left. Then I immediately pull right stick to top right. and then let off elevator. Try playing with the timing going from left aileron to right. Less time on left and quick to right. See if that helps

Thanks I will give that a try tomorrow morning. I am a visual person so something like this.

Attachments

• poptop.JPG
    poptop.JPG
    40.9 KB · Views: 191
Last edited by a moderator:

SnowDog

hey cool! thanks Ray, I think I could even follow that one...guess I am visual as well...I'll work on that this weekend.