• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

60" Laser-EXP

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Finally getting mine together! Fly in this weekend so hopefully I'll get it done tomorrow and maiden. I copied my 60 Extra setup as a starting point. Should be good.
Have a good weekend folks.

dth7

Finished! Maiden tomorrow at the fly in. My 7245s were jittering quite a bit on the bench. I do the fuzzy Velcro trick which seems to help. Can't wait to get this one flying.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Finished! Maiden tomorrow at the fly in. My 7245s were jittering quite a bit on the bench. I do the fuzzy Velcro trick which seems to help. Can't wait to get this one flying.

Don't worry, they'll work fine.
Good luck!

Got 6 flights on mine today. This is the first electric I have flown enough to actually take the step of marking where the battery goes for CG. I started knife edge mixing it. I can't wait for EF to make more sizes of this plane.

dth7

Maiden Complete- THUMBS UP UP UP!

:grrreat::clap::banana::pompom: IMG_4687.jpg

Have to agree with Matt. After only 10 minutes of flying at a Fly in that didn't allow for a full wringing out I can tell this is a definite winner. I've only pulled the 48" MXS and 60" Extra but I can't think of a more "balanced" airframe, this just feels so locked in. You can imagine how Leo felt sitting in this thing! I haven't tweaked it at all, CG neutral to slight forward and very little needed. Chris and his team make it easy to fill up a trailer with these planes. 78 MXS?, Laser?, "Dear Santa..."

dth7

Flew a few more times today- WOW. Even nice without SFGs. Had an 80 yr old at our club flying it all calmed down. He's thinking of one! I told him we could tame it way down and if it survives he will never "need" more performance! We'll see. I told him to make sure I set it up for him before he flew it. I can just imagine him headed out with no expo! Oye!