• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

60cc Aeroworks Sport Cub.

Super08

70cc twin V2
Me? I would never do such a thing. 
angel.png

thepamster

70cc twin V2
Sure I'll talk about it. I get home and check my email and click on the email link which takes me to this place here and, well, I'm not logged in so I can't post. So I had to login and go refind this thread, that I was originally linked to in my email as is usual of course as all of you know, come back here, JUST TO TYPE THIS F'ING MESSAGE!!!!!
Other than that I'm doing fine.
All of the problems other people have been having with this new version of this site have been well documented but I hadn't been having too much trouble besides the stupid font colors until today.
To hell and a hand basket I tell ya! That's where my day went. Lol.

And oh yeah... This was suppose to be a quote I selected. Lets see if that worked........

Lets see if the edit feature works cuz as you can see there was no quote in this message.

Super08

70cc twin V2
I don't have any of those problems. Probably because I dumped IE a couple of years ago and never looked back.

I quit working on my plane for tonight. I went and broke one of the strut attachments and it won't be an easy fix without getting a new one. They are made of aluminum and just thread into a wood block inside the wing. The instructions say to just put some ca on it and screw it in. Well industrious me decides to screw them in first to make threads, back them back out and then wick some ca- to harden the threads in the wood. Then I put a drop of med ca in the hole and thread the part back in. Worked perfect right up until I got to the last one. I guess I was screwing it back out too fast and be damned if I didn't snap it off. Not only that but flush with the bottom of the wing!! Crap@*&%&^$&

So out with the cut off wheel to cut a slot in the top for a flat head screwdriver. Nope no go, the aluminum just breaks off as soon as I turn the screw driver. The aluminum is too soft to do this on something so small. So I get out my drill and drill a 1/16" hole down through the center. When it is almost through I jam the bit in quick like and stick the bit into the broken piece. Then I reversed the drill and the broken part finally threaded back out. Thought about drilling out the bottom of the anchor and tapping it, but I would have to tap it smaller and then the hole would be too weak. I guess I will call Rocco in the morning and see if he has any.
icon_sad.gif