• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

60cc Aeroworks Sport Cub.

Super08

70cc twin V2
Anyway here are the pictures. One shows the strut in flight position and the other in the storage position ready to go in the wing bag. The inter-plane struts are held in place with a pin and keeper so they are easy to fold down after flying. The black piece is just some foam rubber they supply to protect the wing from the struts in transport. I have seen where some people have complained about the wood under the strut mount compressing so I poked a bunch of pin holes there and wicked in thin ca. See how it holds up over time, but for now it seems quite hard. One of the pictures shows the piece I broke. A 2 cent piece that will most likely cost me about 20 or 30 bucks by the time I get one. Everything else it just the usual standard fare.

IMG_0655.JPG

IMG_0650.JPG

IMG_0651.JPG

IMG_0652.JPG

IMG_0653.JPG

IMG_0654.JPG

Tseres

150cc
You would be better off fixing what you have then getting a new one. Drill and tap a hole in the piece and loctite a setscrew in it in the place of the broken stud. It will be 10 times stronger then oroginal. Trust me on this and save some money. 
IMG_0653.JPG

Super08

70cc twin V2
That is what I thought but the thickness of the top part is the same diameter of the screw part. I would have to go to a much smaller diameter screw or the top part will split. Then the screw will be so small it will not be strong enough. That was my first thought but it is not an easy fix. It is only about 3/32" to 1/8" thick.

Tseres

150cc
Ouch. Not good. Get a few spares just incase. If you get extra, it will ensure that it won't break again. Good insurance. 

Super08

70cc twin V2
That is the way it goes for me too. Buy extra and you never need them again.

I called Aero-works this morning and my guess was close, $20.95 to be exact. All the parts come in bags in the kits and of course the bag that this part is with is in with the wing struts themselves. So I will have a complete spare set of struts and hardware. So I guess that means I will never damage a strut or if I do the whole plane will be totaled cause sure as hell I will never need the spares. (insert smash smiley here)

To be fair to Aero-works that is a great price for a complete set of struts and hardware....that is if that is what I am getting. It may just be the bag inside the bag with the struts with just the hardware. I will see when it arrives. I can't see getting it all for that price.

Super08

70cc twin V2
I received the parts from AW yesterday and it was just all the hardware and brackets less the struts themselves. So the wings are completed and end points set. 

The rudder is mounted and pull pull installed and I am currently working on the engine mounting after fixing the position of the blind nuts for the cowl bolts. They did not line up from the factory so I had to fill the holes and redrill them.
IMG_0669.JPG

IMG_0670.JPG

IMG_0671.JPG

IMG_0667.JPG

IMG_0668.JPG

thepamster

70cc twin V2
Those factory blind nuts would have probably popped out anyway. You know, when you need to take the cowl off while at the field and you go to put the cowl back on and "poof" there goes a blind nut. Lol.

Super08

70cc twin V2
IMG_0674.JPG

IMG_0672.JPG

IMG_0673.JPG

The engine mount is in and epoxied in place and the cowl position checked. Came out darn near perfect.